Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'll be glad when I am off this medicine

One minute I can't hold my eyes open the next I am so full of anxiety that I feel like my heart is going to break out of my chest. Maybe a little exageration but not too far from the truth. The good thing about it is I have had NO PAIN in my hip nor my leg since before starting the predisone and ativan. I am going down on the other side of this hill where I am tappering off of them both but still the anxiety/energy is a little scary.
Elena received her progress report card today. Good and bad. Mostly good where the two subjects she was either failing or making a low D in are now both high C's and the Science is a big A! Language Arts still has the F marking and even HEALTH?!!? But this is only the progress report card and we have time to make it better. Two comments from the main teachers one being she is a joy to teach to the other one said she needs to study for tests. LOL First she was complaining she doesn't finish class work. Elena's been studying for tests. Next year will be different. The SC connections Academy has been approved for next school year and as soon as I can get her application in I will because I think this is what will work best for her. The school psychologist has yet to get back with us with the results of those testings and it seems that the world of the traditional public school system is just too much for the administration to handle. When Elena enters high school she will be attending a school with a better foundation that I am confident of.
Walked this morning but felt so weird coming home I crashed in bed and slept till 12:20! Man, I'll be glad when this medication series is over and done with.

2 comments:

Rose said...

What is the SC connections Academy? Is it a private school?

I'll be glad when you are finished with this medication also. It doesn't sound like fun. Do you think the walking triggered the pain? Or does walking lessen the pain?

I have a lot of questions today, don't I, ha.

Scotto said...

A teacher would always rather think that the student was just being lazy and not taking the class seriously because the alternative is the student banging their heads against the wall, getting frustrated, and giving up on school. The philosophy is that every child can learn in every classroom. That's true, but not at the same pace. I take it there is no "Child Study Team" or anyone helping Elena cope with her learning disability?