I could just skip this day and be real happy about it. Although I received a encouraging email from Elena's math teacher that she has improved greatly it still didn't help with the dark cloud that seems to be hoovering over us right now.
The MRI went well this morning. I almost had a anxiety attack though as I first went in the closer than I remembered enclosure for the first series of shots which lasted 15 minutes then the hip took 30 minutes. The MRI machine was housed in a portable trailer at the back of the building of the diagnostic center which I believe caused me to feel the anxiety of being restricted to such a small place. The Technician and her trainee was very kind and told me that the Radiologist was going to read the films then report to my doctor within the next hour. Still, I never heard from my doctor's office and since he doesn't work on Tuesdays I won't hear from them till Wednesday now.
Jim had the results of the repeat blood test of his PSA levels today. The test showed a big increase in the number. The doctor wants him to have the ultra sound and the biopsy because he wants to rule out cancer. This will mean he will be hospitalized for a week because of being on the blood thinner coumadin he will have to be off of it for a while then after the procedure build it back up. Jim wanted to get the opinion of our doctor about all this but by the time he got out the office was closed for the phone lines to get any messages to the doctor. Our doctor is on call over the weekend why he will be off on Tuesday.
Welcome to our world. Bethany, happy birthday sweetheart! I can't believe she is 6 now.
No comments:
Post a Comment