It was a chaotic day today which should of been a nice relaxing Monday off. But as usual nothing goes as planned. I did get laundry done and I did get Elena to the Schmooney rehearsal and the parent meeting with it. Even briefly spoke to the Mom of the young boy who has been teasing Elena with the name of Marble Slab.... It has been bothering her and she wanted me to fight her battles on this one. So, I did. The mom did not seem upset and she said she would talk to him. Received two frantic calls from Mary about the dress fitting and all. The shop wouldn't send it to the shop here in Greenville but would charge her 15 more dollars to send it to my Dad's house. Terri and I decided to make the shower from a couples shower to just a bridal shower due to time and expense. Karen was a little upset but I think she understood once I explained where we were coming from. Also I sent a note to my Dad and I think in my small way I have gotten her a little 'advance' on the budget amount he is allowing for her wedding. She needs money to put down at the photographers, florist, bakery. He wasn't going to give her the money till after all was said and done and she would pocket what she had left after paying for the wedding for his gift to her and Wendell. But the thing is who has a couple grand laying around for deposits and such? She needs some of the money now and I don't know how much he is going to give her but I am glad he agreed with me.
I told my Dad about Jim though as well as a prayer request which we do need but I wanted him to know just because he doesn't hear from me doesn't always mean all's safe sailing. There is troubles in all families.
My spell check on this blogg is still not working so sorry guys.
1 comment:
Re: Elena's LA teacher.
Why isn't this a class penalty? Rather than an individual one? I think hitting the grade because of it is a bit extreme. Unless, of course, they give her a chance to make up for it.
Post a Comment