Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pre-busy weekend

Plans seem to be changed at a moments notice. Life comes at you fast....Nationwide ISN'T the answer. I know because I am from a family of Nationwide agents and because of that I also have insurance through them. But of course this isn't a result of an accident. LOL Anyway, thought this Summer was going to be a relaxing, recoup of funds to get ready for the big cruise in August but I received a email from Mary wanting the cousins to get together this Summer because the holidays will be spent this year with her husband's family since she was with us last Christmas. It happened to be during the week of my Dad's birthday. So....I called my Dad to see if there will be room somewhere for us because in one unit my other sister Terri had already booked it and I know that my Dad would be sharing the other ocean front with Mary and her family. He said he wouldn't be able to get there until the 13th or 14th and he guessed that he would be spending his birthday just with Barbara. He said that she has to work. I commented that I have the same situation and I am not sure if we can do it. He said not to worry about it if I can I will have a place sharing the other condo with Mary and her family. (It will be cramped.. 7 people in a three bedroom condo.) I told him I would let him know. Today I get a email from Barbara saying since we were all going to be at the beach for my Dad's birthday that she had a gift suggestion. Decision seemed to have been made for us. I don't want a repeat of the Spring break nightmare of 2007 with Jim not being with me. I didn't even know if Mary's plans were firm any way. I guess they were.
So a trip to the beach in June, July a trip to Minnesota and August the cruise. Then just like that the Summer is over and we are doing 8th grade open house.
Shower supplies bought, all we need now is it to be done. Although still no dress. Ugh. LOL

3 comments:

Rose said...

One trip each month is a nice way to spend the summer.

Good luck on shopping for that dress.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rose (LOL), I think one trip a month sounds great! ;0)

I'm with ya on the dress thing....still trying to find something for the Opera...oy!

`yvette

charlestonyaya said...

Sounds like your life is as busy as mine right now...and I thought when the girls got older things would slow down. No, just the opposite right now. I am going to spending most of the next two months back and forth on the ride or sky between FL and NC. Take care of yourself - keep in touch, love, Kathhy