Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Doctor and Grades

Took Elena to the doctor this morning because she was complaining of severe left leg pain. This bothered me because I have read that children would have pain in their legs and find out it was a sign of Leukemia. I know...I am a worry wort! It seems that this could be a added bonus to the cold bug she has and that it will go away. The pediatrician also said they have seen this kind of pain in the hip too! HIP!?!?!? Hmmmm I have hip pain... had a virus still have a sinus drip....Oh well.
I have to share some great news. The school system now has this parent portal which with a special password parents can access records of your child and school and I have been checking to see if they have posted grades yet for the upcoming 3rd quarter report card. Well, today it was there! My child is making 3 C+, 2 B and 1 A! NO D's and more importantly no F's!!!!!! All comments were positive and encouraging with showing improvement and is meeting academic criteria! I am so proud of her! She wanted to go to school after the doctor appointment and I took her and I don't think she will know of these grades till tomorrow. She has really done well and she is at school today without a patch on so I hope it isn't too bumpy of a day.
Still going on with plans of trying to get that assistance for her because she still takes longer to take tests. This will help her with less flexible teachers in the future.
OK, will I be able to keep this to myself and surprise her?!?!?

1 comment:

Rose said...

Elena is doing well in school, do you think the improvement is caused by her new medicine? I hope she feels better soon.