Monday, April 21, 2008

I miss everyone!

It seems that most of my friends here have lost that comment/blog feeling to me. I miss not hearing from my friends and relatives by marriage and by blood. I need to contact sister next door because unless my calendar is wrong we have a shower to give this Sunday afternoon!
I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged! I guess I am still on cloud nine and being really thankful and in shock of what God did for me last week with the tickets and all to see my sister and the Living Proof Live group in Minneapolis this summer. I have been boasting about my God to everyone who will listen. LOL When Mary emailed me that she received my itinerary I replied telling her that God's finger prints were all over it.
Jim's echo last week went well and he is good to go for another year. While he was there in the waiting room for the result appointment he spotted my Uncle who was waiting on my Aunt while she was having a nuclear stress test. I phoned her later to see what was going on. She has swelling and all the diuretics do not help. They want to rule out any heart problems. She said it was a very hard test. Took 4 hours!
Something else I need to be in prayer for protection of. My Aunt told me that her Grandmother had congestive heart failure disease and so now it runs on both sides of my family. I have swelling all the time but I do eat a lot of salty foods. Love olives, cheese.... you catch my drift.
Last Wednesday night we talked Elena into going to church for her youth Wednesday night activity. While they were both gone I got a phone call. On the caller ID was the name of the father of the young boy Elena has a HUGE crush on. Immediately I think to myself 'they are finally calling to complain about Elena not leaving their son alone'. LOL Turns out he is running for a local office (I think the house of rep.)and *thought* our last name seemed familiar. I told him to whom he was speaking to. He says "so YOU are Elena's mother!" He went on and on how cute she was and that she writes to his son the sweetest letters!! LOL We had a nice talk. He is a native of this area like I am and he also knows my Dad very well and thinks very highly of him. Of course any one in politics does. I rarely hear any one say anything than that when someone is in politics. I thought it was cute and couldn't wait to tell Elena when she got home from church with her Dad. ALSO that night I happened to look outside my kitchen window to see 3 deer having dinner in our back yard. I took pictures but they aren't THAT good. I tried to be quiet. There is one that was very good at trying to keep a close eye and ear on what was going on so I didn't want to scare them off. The three doe's didn't look like they were doing without food. They are getting food from somewhere. Still they were so pretty.
Speaking of pretty. We bought a new hummingbird feeder this weekend and I put ours out today because I knew the scouts would be around hunting for good feeding areas. Already I have spotted a beautiful lime green one who has come by more than a handful times. These birds fascinate me.
Well, let's do some spell checking and get this thing posted. I hope my friends update me soon! ;0)
****OK, ONE did!...Yvette! YEAH!!****

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah me! LOL See and I new that you hadn't blogged in a few days...I'm paying attention. ;0)

smooches,
`yvette

Rose said...

I haven't blogged for awhile either, in fact since the weather got nice, I haven't been using the computer much lately. I just got online to blog myself and found your blog.

I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet, but I do enjoy them. I don't have a feeder up, they have to wait for the butterfly bush to bloom. They seem to love it.

I'm glad that Jim's echo went well. I had a nuclear stress test about 5 years ago. It does take at least half a day, my Dr has a large office right next door to his appointment office where all tests are done. That is where I had the pad this year. I wish they had good medical care in MS, it seems to me like medically they are in the stone age.

Anonymous said...

Checking in, Aunt D. Glad to hear all is well!

-Scott