It is set! I have a airline ticket to fly out to Minneapolis on Thursday, July 17th out of Charlotte for UNDER $300! I checked today and found the rates were reduced to about the same I first saw them last week before my shock of seeing the same flights increased a hundred or more dollars. So... Jim said get it! So I did! I had lunch with my Donna friend today. She and I have such a bond together. We laugh and we cry. We both have adopted daughters. Her daughter is graduating from high school this year. Hard to believe! Anyway she prayed for me and she always prays for me and I for her and those prayers are answered. I am not saying they are always answered for what we 'want' but for God's will. That is what we always ask. Karen emailed this morning saying she wasn't going to Minneapolis so the two for one ticket that Jim is getting from that magazine subscription and American Express will have to be held for another time. Maybe a trip for two??? For a couple of people who will be celebrating their 24th wedding anniversary in October?!
The shower is coming along I think. I have received a few 'regrets' which I wasn't surprised because they live out of town. Also heard from my Aunt in Virginia that we went to see last Summer saying they won't be able to go to the wedding because at that time their son and his wife will need their assistance with their new arrival Emma Rose. She is due to enter the world on April 21, 2008. This is my cousin and his wife's first child. This will be my Uncle and Aunt's 3rd grandchild and their third granddaughter.
The weather outside has been so cold! That is good for only one reason and that is because my car's AC is not functioning. LOL But warmer weather is coming back so I need to get it taken care of. You can't live in the South and not have AC in your car! It's one of the commandments.
Jim had is annual echo cardiogram last week and goes for the 'results' and yearly exam of his mechanical valve on Thursday. The technician who performed the test did not see anything unusual so we aren't expecting anything bad.
Started walking again. Last week and now this week. I have my dress now for the wedding and shoes. I really need to lose weight. They say that losing a pound takes off 4 pounds off your knees. It causes lots of problems for the joints like the knees. Many other reasons the best of course is my health for why I should lose weight.
Just heard on the news that a Doctor says honey can help allergy symptoms. Just take a small dose of a local honey every day and it reduces your symptoms. It has to be local honey because it contains the pollen locally that was gathered by the local bees. I am going to find some local honey.
Well that's all for now folks. There is more but I need to find a quick birthday gift. LOL
1 comment:
I love getting tips for good health. I'll have to look for some local honey also, it couldn't hurt. I am in the habit of having a cup of tea with a half teaspoon of honey in the afternoon. I think tea and honey are both good for us all, for so many reasons.
Post a Comment