Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Doing life and letting my life be used

Yesterday was another feel really good day. Especially when the sun peaked out from behind all the clouds and it was actually a warm day. Today though I walked with Barb this morning I am not feeling as energetic as yesterday. Funny because I even went to bed at 10:00 last night. Couldn't sleep well because of the inside thermometer of my body giving me the sweats. I need to take the supplement regularly again so hopefully this will stop.
Last week on Monday the school contacted me on a finally a 504 plan meeting was scheduled with the school psychologist and the guidance counselor on April 7, 2008 (yesterday)at 10:30. They requested a letter on the physicians stationary stating what she is being treated for and if they favored the assistance for Elena. I will make this a long story shorter and say it was like a nightmare just trying to get any information of 1. IF they will do the letter, 2. WHEN can I pick it up and lastly the big question was HAS the doctor signed the letter. Last communication was with a gal named Tammy who said she would search for then the signed letter but couldn't locate the file folder and call me back. This was 9:30 a.m. on Friday and they close at 11:30 on Fridays. Nothing...I sat by the phone and waited, ready to hop in the car and drive out to the office which is a 30 minute drive easy to pick up the letter. At 11:15 I tried the office. Only to ask what time on Monday morning they opened so I could come then because it was obvious that there was no way I could make it there in 15 minutes. No answer, only the sound of the recording "our office is closed please call back during office hours". When yesterday morning came I was calm. I prayed that if God wants this for Elena that traffic will be good and the letter will be there and if not I would have to attend the meeting without the gold letter. I felt a peace all the way. Parking spot right at the front door I walked right in at 8:35 to find they had already started their day. I made my request at the receptionist's window and sat down to wait maybe 3 minutes. Got the letter and went home! At 9:15 I was back home. Went to the meeting and she's approved! The school psychologist was late but the first thing he asked for was the LETTER. Proudly I handed it to him. Yes, I got the letter. All the teachers must of had gotten together to plan out their strategy. I know the math teacher in particular had told me that she felt very strongly that even though Elena has shown big improvement there are still some issues and when she is in High School or in College (can you imagine??? HA!)that will be to her advantage.
God answered my prayer and the Spirit gave me comfort AGAIN. I can't tell you how many times that has happened and it is clearly known where the strength came from and I didn't even ask for it! The phrase in a song by Casting Crowns keeps echoing in my mind "I'm not holding on to you but you're holding on to me"
Oh! And when I was at the copy machine waiting for my copy of the 504 plan the counselor discovered the letter from Elena's therapist in her bin. It was over and done but still the letters were coming in. Praise Him!
Also the prayer regarding the Connections Academy was answered as well. I received a email saying that our family didn't make it for the 2008-09 school year with them but we would be put on the waiting list if a family backs out and so I will try and and get on the waiting list.
OK, I am so hungry for something to eat. I think what I am going to do is make me something now. Have a blessed day!

\o/\o/\o/
Donna

1 comment:

Rose said...

Good going Donna. It's not always easy getting things that we need from professionals. Sometimes, I feel like I have to force people to do their job. It's nice when they actually do what they are supposed to do. I'm glad they had the letter ready for you.