Sunday, April 6, 2008

Feeling more like myself again

I think I am really feeling better now. It is funny but today I felt more energetic more like I want to get back into all the things I love again now. Too bad the feelings were not mutual amongst the other two members of my family. Jim needed today to kick back and not do a thing and God provided the day with the weather being rainy so he wouldn't feel guilty that he wasn't outside working in the yard. However tomorrow it is supposed to be much more ideal to do the out door things. But it is SUNDAY! LOL I don't see it happening.
I have a calendar that the month of April had a feature on it that I felt that I wanted to share. It is put out by the hospital system in our area which is also a medical college.
Pursue Happiness
Happiness can lead to good health. Try these "Tips to Happiness" to improve your emotional and physical well-being:
  • Appreciate where you are in life...in your career, finances and health. CHOOSE t0 be happy right here, right now.
  • Focus deliberately on how you want your future to unfold. Imagine the ideal, Visualize it ... in glorious detail and living color. Enjoy how great that feels.
  • Change your focus to what you WANT instead of what you DON'T WANT.
  • Consciously create your day. Take a few minutes in the shower or in your car imagining exactly how you want your day to go.
  • Spend five to 10 minutes each day appreciating all that you have ... focus on the people you love ... the blessings in your life.
  • Give up something you feel obligated to do.
  • Consciously manage your thoughts and emotions. When negative thoughts show up, don't give them any energy, but don't try to squelch them either.
  • Let go of criticism and judgement. Don't take things personally.

I felt those were good basics to live by. Although it is secular I found it easily grounded into the life of living as a Christian any way. It's OK because It's a good day even though things aren't going my way Jesus is Lord and I am saved so .. hey, it's a good day!!!

Well, I made my decision. I am going to Minneapolis to see my sister and we are going together to see Beth Moore at the Target Center there in July. I bought my ticket to the conference but can't purchase the airline ticket till next week. I found someone to cover Elena on that Monday and Tuesday with my Dad and that Friday before Jim maybe able to take off from work OR if my Dad and his wife are not going to the beach he can watch her that day as well. Then of course there is Karla. She will be around then and maybe even if I have to pay her she can hang around her during the day with the horses at the stable.

Well, it's late and I need to go to bed but that isn't unusual for me. I seem to always post on my blogs late at night or should I say EARLY mornings.

TTFN \o/\o/\o/

2 comments:

Rose said...

I agree with the words of wisdom. I always try to be optimistic and focus on what is right and not what is wrong.

I enjoy the simple things in life. As I get older or maybe because I have the time, I enjoy nature more and more.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the words of wisdom.

Glad you are feeling better. :)
`yvette