You would be proud of me. I didn't spoil the surprise about Elena's grades by telling her and you should of seen her face when she read out her grades. You could tell she was very proud and happy of her success. Jim gave her money and this weekend this report card will be presented to her Paw Paw for recognition. He may not give her much because she only had one A but 3 B's should help somehow. I want her to know how proud we are of her.
Drama. My life would not be complete without it. My sister who lives in Minnesota discovered the other day that Living Proof Live was going to be in her area in July and thought it would be cool if her sisters could make it there. There we would have a free place to stay and have a great time praising God together like we did in Atlanta four or five years ago. Well, she didn't know that I have known of this for some time and was trying to make that happen but like usual I get a 'no I can't afford it' from one sister and the other one NEVER gave me a direct answer even if I reminded her and asked her if she knew yet not that much but enough to know she didn't want to tell me no or yes. Anyway, to make a long story short Mary called me to get the 'scoop' and I told her that I was trying to work it out even at Christmas and was wanting to surprise her. But the surprise was on me. I spoke with Jim and because of his vacation time loss during his stay at the hospital he can't go for anywhere really long this summer except for our cruise in August. And of course we can't afford 3 airline tickets. So, if I can find someone to care for my child during the day while I was away then I can go by myself! Also tickets leaving from Charlotte instead of Greenville-Spartanburg was around 200 dollars cheaper. And that was non-stop!
She will be happy to hear this.
American Idol last night was interesting. I loved how Dolly Parton sang about her Jesus and gravity! One brings you up and the other keeps you down! LOL Anyway, noticed Simon plus anything about Christ causes him to act a little uncomfortable. Funny..
Talked to Jackie today. I did not know that she had to have a CT scan just to be sure that they didn't miss anything and she is still feeling really fatigued. Come to find out it takes two weeks to get the transfusion good effects felt. Thought that was interesting.She said it took 6 hours for the transfusion.
There was some trouble at Elena's school today. In fact the principal had a recorded phone message to all the parents this evening about it and that some of the students were thought to wear 'colors' tomorrow and even cause some rioting because of the discipline that had to be brought on to this child. The message indicated that extra law enforcement was going to be at the school just in case and that he felt that the student body as a whole were good and that he felt this incident will blow. Elena has two tests tomorrow but if it wasn't for that I don't know if I would send her to school. We spoke to her about it and she didn't seem to be upset and thought she could handle it by not getting involved if she saw anything.
I received a email saying that they were going to be using the lottery system to pick the 500 students from SC to be able to participate in Connections Academy this Fall. Elena's application is among the thousands that will be in the drawing and so we shall see. When I got the call from the principal I thought of the school and was wondering if the timing was right on this. God willing she will be accepted.
The town is buzzing with the opening of the movie that was filmed around our area tomorrow of "Leatherheads" starring George Clooney and Rene' Zellweger.
It was actually cold here today. Come on Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment