Friday, October 12, 2007

Lunch Date then Dinner

I probably have the only pr-teen in a 90 mile radius who WANTS her mom or dad at her school for lunch! Elena has been wanting me to have lunch with her for a long time and really I had mixed emotions in showing up. Don't want for her to have another 'bully' year but it seems this year there isn't any one in particular bothering her. So, there would be no reason for more ammunition to be obtained by the one doing the bullying if he/she wanted to use MOMMY AND DADDY issue to make fun of her. So, we are having lunch today. I will bring her lunch to her. Then tonight Jim and I are planning to go out to eat to celebrate our anniversary which was yesterday. Thanks to 'Yvette and to Kathy B for being so nice as to wishing us a happy one. A phone call from Mississippi was received last night as well and they wished us a happy one too. It was a different type of day. A good one but Jim cut his finger while trying to allow me to keep my finger dry from washing dishes. We are really a pair aren't we? No stitches for him and I think he will be OK. My stitches were removed yesterday as well and the doctor said that all looked really good, no infection. I really like our doctor. He can NEVER retire. LOL
Had lunch yesterday with Jackie. I don't get to see her much but she insisted in taking me out for a belated birthday lunch at Mimi's Cafe'. It was very nice as usual and we actually didn't spend all day there! Actually we ended up at Costco. She now has a membership... HA! I am a bad influence. LOL
Having that time with Jackie was very nice and even though she has her plate full she found time to spend with me and I appreciated that.
Well, it's finally feeling like Fall today. I don't look forward to the Winter but love this time of the year.
Have a blessed day and please keep my sil and her family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo, how was your day...lunch with Elena? Anniversary dinner?

`yvette

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I am so glad the two of you found each other & you became part of our family. You both compliment each other so well!
BUT.... maybe from now on you two should leave the chore of washing dishes to Elena and save your fingers - hee hee hee - just kidding!
- Kathy, NJ