Signing autographs after the second show. This is a picture with her black hair!
The show was amazing! Actually the SHOWS were amazing! Especially the second show on Saturday I believe. Makeup at 8:30 first show was at 11:00 a.m. The auditorium was set up to seat 200 people and I don't have a actual head count but it was a packed crowd to both shows. Elena was pictured in the newspaper that morning which was a surprise. Link is at my side bar titled Elena's newspaper debut. My Dad, step mom, sister and her two youngest was at the first show and a good friend of mine and her son along with a friend attended the second one. Everyone loved it. After the first show there was a window of time for Jim and I to get some lunch and then return back to the Center. Jim decided he needed to stay home to rest and I went on back a good 30 minutes before the second show was to begin. I was sitting there and the stage is empty with every now and then one of the characters would come on stage to gather something then go back. I noticed someone coming to the side of the stage and walking up the stairs on the stage. I was trying to figure out who it was because it looked like they were wearing pants which resembled Elena's pants. I had over-heard one of the Moms talking to another one about how she used the rest of the spray gel they had to spray Elena's hair down better and it dawned on me that was Elena! They had colored her hair to a jet black and with that change it changed her completely. Even her demeanor was different. I turned to the Mom who said that about her hair and said "I didn't even recognize my own daughter!" She wasn't wearing her glasses so she didn't see it was me in the chair section and she walked off the stage. She came back on and I went up to her and told her I didn't even recognize her. She said "I've always wanted black hair now I have it" LOL I couldn't get over the fact for one how a different hair color changed her so much (not to mention the art work on her face) but the fact that *I* didn't recognize my own child really surprised me the most.
But to make a total of two hour show times short, it was amazing! I thought it was good in Laurens when they first did it but especially the second show on Saturday. Elena was just happy that when it was all said and done she finally got a Schmooney stuffed animal! They also gave her the CD of the music and a autograph book to get autographs with. Oh! The cast were over-whelmed with all sorts of people wanting autographs!
So tomorrow is back to school for Elena and the 7Th grade/8Th grade dance is after school. Back to school and a new nine weeks.
4 comments:
Hey Elena - You look awesome!!! Sure wish that Schmooney was coming to Florida!! love, K
I was just going to say, I wonder what would happen if I went to Schmooney.com and requested a show in Chicago.
WOW...its amazing how much older she looks...LOL Too cool, being in the paper...that's one for the scrapbook. ;0)
`yvette
Elena looks so different with dark hair! Her make up was wonderful too! Glad the show was such a hit - it seemed like a very positive experience for her.
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment