Thursday, October 25, 2007

Come on Weekend!

Four day weekends not only spoils the student it also spoils the mom. Even though I have not had to wait in car line to pick her up all week it's been tough getting out the door at a reasonable hour and hard getting homework done at night. Elena had the seventh and eighth grade dance on Tuesday night and early dismissal to see Candy on Wednesday then today she had tutoring with her Math teacher. The morning drop off has been like a afternoon pick up the traffic is so bad. So the later we get out the more dense the traffic is with other people late getting to school. So this is Thursday and tomorrow night we will be out celebrating Derek's birthday at a restaurant called Don Pablos. www.donpablos.com My stomach was bothering me all week and actually gave me a break yesterday so I could enjoy lunch out with my ladies bible study group. Today was not so good and I do feel better now. I was supposed to call my mil and see how she was and also get the oil changed in my car but didn't feel up to any of the above. Jim did call his mom and as of tonight she was doing some better. She's been very sick for almost a week since eating out with her 'Red hats club ladies at a local yachts club. They don't know for sure but think it was a bacteria she picked up after not feeling something she ate did not taste right. I know the feeling for sure.. too familiar from that trip to Disney World a few years ago. I don't know if she has/had food poison but there is a bad bug out there too that is giving people a lot of grief. In fact, I think it's claimed some lives.
My sister called me from Minnesota today. Finally she received her birthday gift from me today. No, the mail was not late. Her sister was. I have had her gift and even the card but never got it in the mail till Tuesday so I spent the extra dollars for it to be Priority Mail and it got there in record time this time. We talked a while and she was telling me about the adventures of her dog and her children. I can't wait to see them all at Christmas. I wanted to talk to my other sister about possibly going to Minnesota for the Living Proof Live event this Summer. I think it would be nice if we went to her area this time. I have not bought any tickets to Jacksonville or San Antonio but with that trip in the back of my mind I am wondering if we could make it a sister trip like we did in Atlanta a few years ago. I know these things sale out and God will make a way for where He wants me to be.
Ok, well I think that is all I can bore every one with now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it doesn't taster right: don't eat it! It sounded like she was doing better, hope that continues!

Anonymous said...

Talked to her again tonight, sounds better still but tired a little. Hope she is totally back to normal soon!
- Kathy, NJ