It actually RAINED this morning. I even heard thunder roaring this morning unfortunately the raining has already stopped. Elena and I both slept 'late' this morning. I had been up till 3:00 this morning watching a movie and even had to make myself go to bed before it was over. It wasn't even really good but it had me intrigued on how it would pan out. Still, up too late and it will be a early morning tomorrow because tomorrow is the big show day. I hope that I get to bed tonight at a reasonable hour. LOL
I have a praise. Yesterday Elena went upstairs as she got home and her agenda book was out of her back pack. I opened it to read the days entry. Beside the Math there was a "GOOD DAY" written with her math teacher's initials beside it. I called Elena down and asked her if she read what someone wrote in her agenda book and she said 'no'. She took it and looked at it and I asked who's signature was beside the "GOOD DAY" inscription. She said "MRS. ****" which is her math teacher. So, I said "YOU HAD A GOOD DAY IN MATH!" She smiled really big and I really believe she hadn't even looked at it before. This was a huge encouragement to me because it seemed to me that nothing but bad was written by this teacher and I almost was feeling that she just didn't click with Elena. Usually teachers do because Elena is a very sweet girl. I appreciated the teacher making that comment.
Well, coffee is getting cold. I hope all have a great weekend. Rose, I MISS YOU! It isn't the same without you. I hope their travels are going well. I believe they are supposed to be back in NJ tomorrow evening.
4 comments:
YEAH Elena's "Good Day"!
hugs,
`yvette
At least you know her Math Teacher can give positive feedback, that's a very good sign. The fact that she's tough will give Elena a sense of achievement by the end of the year.
Why was she in the paper?
Yea Elena - congratulations on having a great day in math!! Clapping with Jesus, Kathy
Hope the positive reinforcement helps boosts the confidence level!
Thank you for the newspaper article of Elena. She looks like she is having fun.
- Kathy, NJ
PS: Mom's trouble with her computer is still not fixed. Not sure what the problem is but they may need to get a whole new computer - YIKES!
Post a Comment