Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In a pit-- update

I am coveting prayers today for me and my family. Elena has rubber bands on her braces as of yesterday and she is in a lot of pain. She hates braces now and wants them off! Wanting to stay home today from school but mean ole mom made her go because like I indicated on the previous blog this is a important week for tests and final grades. Probably a mistake because she will end up being now distracted with the pain in her mouth and won't pay attention like she should. She cried last night about how in rehearsal the guy that plays the bobcat in the program kept hitting pushing himself against her face which hurt her mouth. She said she told him to get away and he yells at her to "shut up" Yes, hormones.... The night before she was crying that her neck hurt so bad and it was because of her pillows. (she told her Dad it was her head). We searched every pillow in the house trying to find the one that was 'just right' and when it was all said and done she ended up with her three that she has to have laid a certain way and she slept finally. Another thing is she has to wear a belt every day and it is tearing up. Her pants fit her perfectly but she likes the feeling of being a part of her so yesterday was a issue before school because she didn't want to go without a belt on. We haven't really entered sock weather yet so that's another blog for later. I tried to make her think of the pain in her mouth being worth while because after all this is done she will have a beautiful smile and one that will last the rest of her life. I compared the pain to child birth that after the awful pain in labor you get this wonderful gift and she won't even have to change diapers for this one! LOL Well, I try. Her low threshold for pain does not help and I know how it feels because I had to wear many of them in my teens so I am not saying she isn't hurting. Every one can deal with pain at different levels and I even tried to get her to scale the pain from 1 to 10 ten being the worst pain she has ever felt. She said it was a little. This morning we barely made it to school in time. Even before the braces our mornings are spent with Elena searching for her shoes or something all of a sudden she remembered making us later to leave the house. I have stressed that laying out everything the night before would be good but last night with the drama of the rubber bands it didn't happen. I am in such a funk that I can't get motivated in all I need to do. I am dealing with depression issues which include headaches and just no energy and I need to get out of this! My family is being pulled down by this. I need to get off my tail and get together what needs to be done to home school Elena. It's just that simple. But yet it's that hard. Even her therapist agreed that if she doesn't show improvement soon that will be the answer. The big premier of the musical is this weekend and the author of the books is talking which was quoted in the local newspaper that they want to take the show out on the road going to other schools. They are talking about Greer next which is not far from here but I don't know if there is a bully bothering her I just don't know. We will take it one show at a time. Which reminds me I need to email the director about the problem last night.
So far most of my family in town is coming Saturday. I was surprised to finally hear from my Dad saying if they get back in time he would come to the 11:00 show. There is a USC game at 12:30 so he will be home for that! {sigh} But at least it's in his plans! I am thankful for that much.
Today is two Marys birthday. My sister Mary and one of my good buddies Mary. I have my sister's gift and haven't mailed it and didn't even get a card out to my buddy. I am sorry. There is no excuse just a bad way to be.
Listening to the audio book of getting out of pits, my third CD is messing up! I hope I just have to clean my changer in the car. I've looked the CD over and over and don't see any scratches but cleaned it any way. Still it keeps messing up. I need to hear this book!
Well, it's lunch time. Better get lunch or go and MAIL my sister's present.

Update: CD problem resolved thanks to cleaning my changer!! YES! And Elena was in less pain when picking her up this afternoon! Thanks for the prayers!!! Also received an reply from the director and she said she would talk to him on Friday ALONG with his mother! She said he can be hard to handle so she's been having problems with this boy before.

No comments: