Saturday, March 8, 2008

Welcome to my life

My Jim is still in the hospital. Last night after starting back on two types of blood thinner there in his urine was blood. So, they stopped the IV drip of the heparin and waited till this afternoon to start it up again. And this evening when I last spoke to him on the phone it was showing blood again. Two things have to happen before he can come home. 1- no more blood in the urine so he can have the catheter removed and 2 - the blood level with the blood thinner has to be in a certain range. It is very important that this is just right because one of the doctors from the cardiologist group said it is real bad news if a mechanical valve goes bad from bad levels and it can be life threatening. So, I would rather they are careful at take their time. Tomorrow he will be in that hospital a week. With all that in mind I don't know when he will be home.
Early this morning there was a death on his hall at the hospital. I remember seeing the wife often standing in the hall and I wanted to speak to her but never did. NOW I wish I did. The man who died was in his years and was in very bad shape with emphysema.
I think sometimes Jim thinks of his mechanical mitral valve as a curse rather than a blessing and I can understand. Maybe now we will get the results of the biopsy in the hospital before he is released.
It is after midnight and the latest I have been up in a very long time. I am going now. PLEASE keep my husband in your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG hugs and prayers!

`yvette

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on in a while but had to check in with your blog when my mom told me that Jim was still in the hospital. So sorry things aren't easier for him. This has to be so hard on Jim but also on you & Elena. We are praying for all of you, for good news with the biopsy results and a that Jim's blood thinner starts working the way it should.
We love you guys!
Kathy, NJ

charlestonyaya said...

Dear Friend,
Have been praying and watching for an update. Still praying for good news, and for Jim to get home!! love, Kathy