Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trying to bounce back

Twice today Elena has said she's is so glad that I am her mother. I just don't understand why she would feel that way because I don't feel like I am such a good mother. For 11 days I traveled back and forth to a hospital which is thirty minutes a day tried to keep Elena taken care of and at the same time tried to keep up with my husband's needs that the hospital staff couldn't help him with. Now I have a horrible sore throat and feel really bloated and tired. So if I was such a good mother I would be able to bounce back after a crisis.
Jim is going to try and go back to work tomorrow and Easter is next weekend. He wants to go to the beach I think during Spring break but I don't know how we can do it because he ended up taking two weeks off for this biopsy. The cost of the heating igniter repair was over 200 dollars and not to mention all the gas I had to buy going back and forth to the hospital. My car is very comfortable but gas mileage is not a plus. We will get through it but any way my point is the timing isn't good for going to the beach for many reasons.
I sure hope I don't have strep throat. If this doesn't feel better in the morning I may have to get a culture. UGH... Nurse Terri will comment..... you know the weight thing??? LOL
My sil phoned tonight all upset because she bought the twins pay as you go cell phones and Breanne tried to get Bradley and it said he doesn't have any minutes. It was after 10:00 and my husband and daughter were in bed. We got new phones and she now has a phone in her room. WITH a wonderful new ring tone. The rings were heard all over. LOL Anyway, she wanted me to look up the number online for her to call and she wasn't a happy camper. LOL I hope they get it straightened out.
OK, well that is all it is for now.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I hope your sore throat is better today. I've read that whenever you have a stressful situation (husband in the hospital), that your body fights off infections(like a sore throat) until the stressful situation is over. You can only handle so much at one time.

I know that Jim did go back to work today because Anthony received email from him at work. I hope he is feeling better. I was going to call him last night after talking to Mom but I knew that he was talking to her, so I didn't call.

I hope that Lisa can get the cell phone problem fixed. She will probably get someone from India on the phone, it is always fun trying to understand what they are saying. I wonder if they have trouble understanding us also, ha.
If she has track phone, she probably won't be able to fix the problem, I have it and I usually have to key in a bunch of different numbers while I am on the phone with them, so if the kids have the phones, that won't work.

I admit that I have always been an overprotective parent and grandparent. I think Lisa is brave, I wouldn't be able to let my child stay in that situation for a week. I hope all goes well and that they all enjoy DC.

Scotto said...

Hope you both feel better!

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling today!
`yvette