Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break is OVER--Mixed Feelings!

It was the fastest yet the slowest, the best and the worst of times it was Spring Break 2008. Elena thoroughly enjoyed every minute of not having to get up at a certain time and not having to be bugged about school. There were a couple of appointments that we had to attend but all in all she had a great week! The weekend wasn't any different either. She was out of control with excitement the complete time. No chance of slowing down and now she is back to business at school. It wasn't enjoyable to turn off the alarm at 6:30 this morning however we made it to school in record time. LOL I know time goes by fast and you should savor every moment with your children but I really liked coming home to a quiet house this morning and even though I have lots to do it's OK because for a short amount of time I have some time for what I need to do when I want to do it. Tough job, huh?

Should be rested up from the weekend because I had all Friday evening and all day Saturday (just about) with other women at an Extraordinary Women's Conference in Greenville. It was the first conference I have attended in YEARS since discovering Beth Moore Living Proof Live conferences. It was longer than her conferences because it was all day on Saturday where her conferences usually end at noon on Saturday. But this one featured five special speakers and five music artists that each being very unique had a common theme and that was Discovering God's Dream for your life. www.EWomen.net is the website that you can look at if you want to see if a conference will be in your area soon. Lisa Whelchel who was Blair from the "Facts of Life" years ago (showing my age here...) was there and spoke of struggles she even has. It's amazing to hear these people's story. Each unique and touching and I so much enjoyed it. I would pay to hear them all again. The music.. wow the music was awesome! Mandisa and Mark Schultz were awesome! Mandisa is so good and probably the most powerful singer I have ever heard. She spoke of her experience with American Idol and forgiving Simon Cowell for his comments on her weight. Had a headache about all weekend because I cried and laughed so much! It was very nice and I hope next year when they are back that they bring Beth Moore with them! LOL The speakers were: Lisa Whelchel, Chonda Pierce, Carol Kent, Thelma Wells and Angela Thomas.

I have finally finished my antibiotic but still my left ear is cloudy and I hear the constant ringing in it. Not feeling bad except for my stomach and that may be from the antibiotic.
Have a lot to do this week. Need to print up shower invitations to Karen's shower this week or at least get it going. Karen was at the conference too this weekend but she only attended the Saturday meeting because she had to work late Friday night.

Jackie goes to her doctor this morning for the results of the bone marrow biopsy. She called me yesterday saying how nervous she was and that she has been cooking all day. Made up all her meals for all week. Amazing! She, I and Dillon and Elena had fun last Thursday were we had lunch out then went downtown Greenville at Reedy Falls and blew bubbles! LOL It was a gorgeous day and WARM unlike it is today. There were many people out there and we wondered why the main street was closed off till we remembered that George Clooney and Rene' Zellwegger were there to promote the opening of the movie this weekend of Leatherheads. It was filmed mostly in our area and lots of local people were featured as extras. INCLUDING Elena's love of her life and his family. LOL We didn't see the stars but we could feel the excitement of the small town finally being acknowledged as something better than a Southern Hick town. LOL After we went to Barnes and Noble then to Mimi's for dinner. Did not arrive back home till ten thirty that evening! It was a lot of fun and Jackie took lots of pictures.

Coffee cup is empty and need to get to work. I hope all goes well with Jackie and that Elena has a good week back and not filled with homework and tests this week. (saying the last part very selfishly) LOL

TTFN

2 comments:

Rose said...

It sounds like you and Elena had a nice relaxing week. It's always nice to get away from the ordinary routine.

I love the Reedy Falls area. It is perfect. I think the town deserves recognition for the superb job they did in designing it all around the river.

I hope you both have a nice week back to the reality of school and work.

Unknown said...

Thanks Rose! I hope you are feeling better.
Just talked to Jackie and isn't cancer!!!! YEAH! Anyway, she has to have blood transfusion because her iron is really low because of all the blood she has lost. Thank you all who have prayed for my friend.