Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pass the tissue please

I am not running a fever right now but I feel really bad. I have made an appointment with my doctor and although it is a work in my husband was happy that I made it. If I start feeling better I will cancel the appointment. Thank you for your get well wishes. Jim is good except he is tired with starting back to work this week. It's hard getting up at 4:30 a.m. and working ten hour days. I had to have him pick Elena up from school yesterday and take her to her appointment with the pharmacologist because I felt really rough. Today, I did manage to take and pick her up and also I made dinner. Yesterday I made dinner but it was just opening a can of soup. Not very filling for my family.
Elena has lost 3 pounds. This isn't good. She doesn't need to be losing weight. Thankfully, tomorrow is her last day before Spring break and she will not be on the patch. She will probably eat us out of house and home.
We received our wedding invitation to Karen's wedding in the mail today. She wants a RSVP... should I go???!! LOL
It may be that Mary and her family go with us on the cruise trip in August. Before they left on Spring Break to a trip to visit friends in Kansas City she emailed me that she spoke with the Cruise rep. that we use and she said they were thinking about it. I sure hope they will. I had mentioned it to Terri as well but she hasn't given me a yes or no.
Learned some disturbing news also today. My friend Jackie who was so instrumental in helping me with Elena during Jim's vacation at the hospital may be facing cancer. She has to have a bone marrow biopsy done tomorrow and today she had an appt. with a oncologist. Please hold her in your prayers.
With the news of Jackie, I have nothing to complain about. So what I have a little congestion....at least I am not facing possible cancer.
We are all in good hands,
Donna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better, that Jim is still doing fine & that your friend isn't going to have to battle with cancer.

Did Lisa get her phone situation figured out? Thise phones are a pain in the neck, we had one for our kids once. Anyway, they should all be back home now hopefully with good stories of their trip.

Take care of yourself! And by the way, soup is good food! You are way to hard on yourself - you are an amazing wife & mother.
- Kathy, NJ