Sunday, March 23, 2008

Almost pneumonia?

If I did not go to the doctor yesterday this could of turned into bronchial pneumonia. After two injections and a prescription of antibiotics I guess he was right. Hard to believe and hard to admit but Jim was right. My friend Jackie did well with her biopsy with her bone marrow and hopefully that it is just due to a iron deficiency than cancer. She is seeing the same group of oncologists that my mom saw. 
This has been a hard holy weekend for me. For one thing Easter came rather quickly for me. I was not prepared for it. Did not have the Easter mugs or the decorations out yet. And I wasn't feeling well. By the end of the day today I was feeling more like myself. Whatever that may be good or bad I was feeling that maybe I will live and can go on with life. Earlier was not the case. Have you ever felt so weird that  you thought maybe it was the end? That is how I felt. 
Elena has been off the wall so far this spring break. I know it will get better but so far it is really rough. She won't do anything and late this afternoon I had to show my ugliness and send my nephew and niece home after she was soaked to the bone and so were they. I remember her promise that she would not get wet. HA HA HA. 
She learned her lesson I think.
Jim is still bleeding. This is bothering him. He had a good blood level check yesterday but still he is showing blood in his urine and it bothers him. He has to understand because of that blood thinner he can't clot and repair like others can and it will take longer for  his repair to take place. 
Mary emailed and she won't be traveling with us on the cruise in August. I hate that. I have not heard but believe Terri is home from their trip to Paris. I have to admit I get jealous of all that she gets to do. My husbands work doesn't provide such travels.
I told Jim tonight I think he should consider taking a early retirement after I do some further education and get something going for me. I think because of our ages it is  time.
Well, it is late. I guess I should go now.

1 comment:

Rose said...

I read this blog on Saturday (I think) and sent a long comment, but now I don't see a comment.

Anyway, I will try again.

I am glad that you did see your DR and I hope you are feeling better.

I am on an antibiotic also for a urinary infection, I am hoping that this will work and I will start feeling like myself again.

I hope you all had a nice Easter.