Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Two Donna's, Two birthdays

I have a friend whom I share a birthday with. Her name also happens to be Donna! We have been friends for a good many years but only really catch up with each other during our birthdays. Even so I feel very close to this lady. She in the past has been my angel of meals when I have had my surgeries and Jim had his. Once in ladies bible study at our table which sits at least ten there were four Donna's! She and I became friends then also when I would help her with the coffee for the ladies or other treats. She's been away a lot to her parents home in Michigan because her fathers health has been failing. Finally tomorrow we are having our birthday lunch. I received a email from another dear friend of mine celebrating 'Sisters' and although I don't usually forward many forwards I did do this one because it was just appropriate as I reflected on my friendship with Donna and also come to love the friends I have and adore and treasure. Friendships take time and energy to grow but it is worth the effort. Oh and BTW once you are tagged as my friend you are stuck!!! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blame Richie Valens.

Anonymous said...

I wrote my blog first, then read everyone elses. In mine I wrote my neighbor Donna is moving, all these Donnas, they are everywhere! LOL... you can never have too many Donnas everyone I have ever known by that name is a sweet, down to earth person you are lucky to have as a friend.
- Kathy, NJ