I want to post a entry today but not really sure how to begin or what I should or should not say. I have many things going on in my head right now. Along with some tears on my face. Feeling discouraged because this morning I caught my daughter in another lie. She is taking lunch money and is keeping it for herself saying she applied it to her lunch account. Yesterday she had an appointment with her therapist who tells me not to get upset and to keep encouraging her that you believe in her. I agree that we should really praise her and build her up but at the same time she has to know how her actions affect people. I am hurt because not only has she lied she has stole. This week and next are big test weeks. It is getting harder and she is starting to show signs of falling behind. Her math teacher has tutoring on Thursday afternoons after school. I emailed the teacher this morning and she will be attending that today. Elena was not happy about that but she needs it. ALL her teachers have tutoring after school at least one day a week and she is going to take advantage of their willingness to help. I need all the help I can get. God is so good though because before I started my entry here I read the blog from Living Proof Ministries and felt God was talking to me directly. The main thing that jumped out at me was this: "There is something God wants to give you, Beloved, but He's purposely requiring tremendous perseverance from you in order for you to have what it takes to receive it rightly. Humbly. You will need ENDURANCE to do His will in this particular situation. It will not come easy because it's too good to come cheap" WOW... this really hit me that I am really being used by God and this investment is a long term/life long journey that the outcome is going to be greater than any investment that I could possibly have.
Yesterday I received a call from my dad that he wishes for me to drive he and his wife to the airport this morning. That's fine but here is the kicker. Also, I am to pick them up Sunday from the airport and when I asked what time he just said "I will give you all that information". Yeah, this really takes the cake... we are having our small group/community group at our house Sunday evening from church for the first time. He did say in his conversation that it was in the afternoon but no time was indicated. PERSEVERANCE DONNA!! I told Jim and he starts saying "well did you tell him this... and did you tell him that....???" No, I keep getting surprised by people and what they throw at me. I didn't say any of that honey.
So, another scripture that I will ponder in my heart today:
'But you, keep your head...endure hardship, do the work...discharge all the duties of your ministry.' 2 Timothy 4:5
Yes, I have a ministry.
Oh BTW, I get to drive the BIG Lincoln Navigator car of my dad's home! Elena wanted me to pick her up in it but I am not comfortable doing that because knowing how things go with me something would happen to it.
In less than a hour they will be picking me up so I better start getting ready. Aren't you glad I didn't have anything to say?! HA!
Till next time, God bless!
3 comments:
It is upsetting when one finds out that their child has lied to them. I think you should try to find out what she wanted the money for. Is she saving for something? A scarey thought...is someone at school selling something? Sorry if I've given you more to worry about, I am quite the worrier.
I am very big on praising children for everything good that they do. I found that children live up to what you expect of them. I think all you can do is love your children and expect good things from them. Everyone has some problems, even children, none of us are perfect.
Rose
My question is this: what is she eating? Does she snack instead of buying a whole lunch? She may hate me for this one, so don't tell her I said it: invest in a lot of brown bags! Most school lunch programs are not healthy anyway.
Rose, I don't want to sound offended but at the same time I want you to know that I don't expect Elena to be perfect and I am a big believer in praising her. I just feel that part of parenting is teaching them that lying is wrong and it crushes peoples trust which is like a hurricane that destroys a home may take years if ever to repair the trust or the house in that example.
Scott, I usually make Elena's lunch but some days I need a break and she has been wanting to buy her lunch the last few days. We actually have a lunch box that matches her book bag. She said she had spaghetti today so I hope so. They have a lot of choices and that is why she has been wanting to buy her lunch lately I think. I just can't imagine her not eating something.
Post a Comment