Since Monday was a holiday it just doesn't seem like Wednesday to me, does it to you? Yesterday while Elena was in school I painted her bathroom. Over the weekend Jim primed the walls and we finally decided on a color. Let Elena pick it and bought some things to update it some. Yes, we are having COMPANY!!!! YEAH! Although this past weekend reflected 13 years of living here now looking around just about every room needs that TLC for it is now a teenager. So in 2008 I will have two teenagers. One is showing more and more mood swings. Yes, it's the child I am talking about not the house. It's so odd to hear these sighs and see the rolling of the eyes I am left surprised every time it happens. But the old Elena tries to shine through and quickly says "sorry Mom" ;0). Maybe her teenage years won't be as dramatic as MINE was. When I was her age I experienced grief for the first time. My Dad's mother died of lung cancer and I was devastated. She never smoked but my Grandfather did for years however had quit many years before she was diagnosed. These are very fragile years and I am trying to remember that.
The pain into my right knee is worse. Jim fussed at me for painting the bathroom but it wasn't hurting then and I wanted to help because there is much to be done. Well, last night and today I am paying for it. If it keeps up I may have to see about it. Great.... Now I don't want to read YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO ANY TROUBLE FOR OUR VISIT from those who are coming to see us. This needed to be done anyway!!!! Like I said it's been 13 years! Don't worry I will be more responsible for myself in the future because of yesterday I did not make it to my bible study this morning.
I will have the house to myself for a couple of hours tonight. Jim and Elena both have things at church and I don't. Need to find some costumes for Elena and her character Bernard the Beaver. Wonder where??? I guess at a party store that sells Halloween costumes, huh?
When my sister called me for my birthday she told me of a surprise! It seems that my Dad and his wife are actually coming to see them this month! They will only be there two days but still it's great that he is finally going and that she isn't having a baby to get him out there! ha!
Still praying about the LPL events. Still confused of what I should do.
Have a great Wednesday and take care of yourselves!
OLD LADY DONNA~ HA
3 comments:
Hey Donna!
What color did Elena choose?
It must feel good having the house all to your self to paint & re-decorate. I miss that!
Elena sounds like a typical teen. Did you try searching costumes on line? I am sure somebody has to have a costume out there!
Hope your back is feeling better!
- Kathy, NJ
Sounds like you're lucky to get the "Sorry, Mom"s!
I'm sorry that your knee is still bothering you.
I hope you know that we are coming to see you not your house. Please don't go to any extra trouble because of our visit.
I'm sorry that you felt nervous about being on speaker phone. You sounded just great to all of us. We talk to Scott regularly on speaker phone, with all of us in the living room. It is almost like we are all sitting in he same room. I enjoyed talking to you, next time maybe we will catch Jim and Elena at home also and we can all chat.
Rose
Post a Comment