Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Another year older

Yesterday was the first birthday I can recall that I was not feeling well and felt actually older than the 48 years which I now have become. Depression? I am not sure. I have a back issue which many of you know of and it was really hurting me yesterday. The pain shot into my knees and I just really hurt especially last night before going to sleep. Elena was upset because we didn't have any kind of party for me. I told her if I make it to my 50th she can give me a party then. HA! I have all these problems and then I read about others who are fighting cancer and other much more serious issues than my own not so easy change of life transition and I feel really low. How can I complain when so many others who have every right to complain and you don't hear them complaining?
There is a Siesta Fiesta in San Antonio Texas next August and I was torn between going to Florida or to Texas or would of loved to do both. Today I don't see how I can do either one now for many reasons. I will just have to wait till it comes back to Atlanta or you never know they may decide that the upstate could accommodate. Anyway, I did receive the birthday money from my Dad to purchase the ticket(s) but I am still in prayer about this decision. I feel a NO though and it makes me not too happy. LOL
Elena is so quiet going to school in the mornings. I hope it is just being tired and not that she is dreading school. She has nothing but good to say about it this year but you never know. And you know me, reading into things more than they probably should be.
Hope all had a good Labor Day. We went to the local festival and had lunch with friends then I needed to visit my Dad to get my gift and my husband was forced out of his will to go with me. Another heartache for another blog at another time.....
OK... I need to get to my Bible study. I need to stop focusing on me.

Have a good Tuesday all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was your Birthday...you're SUPPOSE to focus on you...for a bit, anyway.

This is my first chance on the computer, so I am wishing you a happy belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your back and legs have been hurting. Those aches and pains make me feel older also.

A few days ago I asked Anthony, who is older, Lisa or Donna? I really didn't know.

I haven't gotten depressed by growing older yet. I am always amazed that I've made it this far.
The alternative to growing older is not my choice, ha.
Rose