Whew! What a weekend! It was here then gone just like that! My last entry I confessed my sometimers disease moment for I had made plans for Elena to be able to participate in a all-niter for the middle school kids from church the very night of the dress rehearsal for the play she's been rehearsing for nearly two months. The first show is Saturday and she wants to do both. The dinner with our friends can be re-scheduled but I hate that because this is a couple we have been friends with for a very long time and we see very little of. The only solution I can see is to take her to where the kids are at the time after her dress rehearsal which I hope will end at 7:30. Unfortunately for us it will be quite a drive but at least she will get to do both. May go get her earlier in the morning because she will be exhausted by the time of the show which is at 11:00 that Saturday morning. It will work out I am hoping that we can have our date night and she can have both the rehearsal and the fun.
Saturday Elena and I had a bridal shower to go to and then we had to rush home to get Jim to go to a 50th anniversary dinner party. The day was such a sweet reflection of the excitement of a upcoming wedding and then on the flip side the love of two people through 50 years and still excited about one another. Both brides were glowing with beauty! They both were very special times.
Yesterday was my husband of almost 23 years birthday. I just realized that the year I turn 50 will also be the year we will be married 25 years! Hmmmmm that's going to be a expensive couple of months because I plan to celebrate both! LOL Anyway, my hubby's birthday went nice. One of my sister's for a combination birthday gift to us both gave us a gift card to a restaurant and for the amount we went to dinner after church and the three of us ate for free! That was such a nice gift and such a nice feeling to walk away with really feeling that we were treated. Thank you Mary and Wayne! The food was excellent too. Yes, Jackie it was Mimi's!!! LOL
The guest/Elena bathroom is coming along. We were able to finally get the tri-mirror medicine cabinet up and now I need to do some touch up painting and clean it good. Also need to decorate it and put up some towel holders. It isn't a big room but it sure needed some updating. Elena likes the mirrors in there now because she can open one of the mirrored panels so she can see the back of her head. That should help her do her own hair now. Well, maybe.
Our phone was out until 2:30 Saturday. Our cell phones do not work real well from our house so leaving a contact number was not something we could do but we kept checking online for status reports. Jim would periodically try to call them from his cell phone but would have to go out to the drive way to try and then it would break up a lot. We thought for sure they would still be out on Sunday for his birthday and no one could call him but thankfully it was finally fixed. The guy came out to our house and found the problem near our home. As far as I know, we were the only one whose phone service was out. It was funny that during the outage our DSL service worked faster than ever! LOL Last night the DSL service was in and out for a short while. At least we had our phone service. They both seem to be working now.
Yesterday at church was awesome! Our teaching pastor is really on fire for the book of Galatians which we are studying now. The worship music was so anointed and Jim and I both came out of that room changed people. I felt like I was walking on air! It was so evident of God's presence it was so wonderful. Another small taste of what heaven is going to be like. I can not wait!!!
Need to get to work now. I hope all had a good weekend and Margaret, if you are reading this please have a wonderful birthday!
Love to all!
Donna
2 comments:
Sounded like a busy but very nice weekend you had. Glad everything worked out w/Elena too. ;0)
`yvette
Hope Jim had a great birthday! Bridal showers are so nice - glad Elena got to go with you!
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment