Friday, September 14, 2007

Lots, lots!

Good Friday to you all! I have had a week this week. It's been filled with anxiety, appointments and lots of SCHMOONEY! LOL
The above picture is one of the many pictures I need to compile albums for for all our trips. This was taken at Myrtle Beach last April at the Barefoot Landing where they displayed tigers. My Sister Mary is in the orange in the middle sitting in between her two children. It was a very quick shot! Elena was so happy she was picked to hold the bottle.
Jim tried to take some of the load off of me and made an appointment with the 7th grade guidance counselor. She was so helpful and nice. She didn't think it would be a problem for the weekly or monthly 'reports' on how Elena is doing in school, academically and socially. We decided to make it bi-weekly so that every two weeks on a Friday I will pick up all the surveys from the school office and leave more for the next couple of weeks. She had one test this week that was the first major one in Language Arts. I hope she is doing OK with it today. At the end of the school year last year she said that she signed up for strings again. We were surprised because after a few weeks she didn't seem to have that much interest in it and never hardly practiced the cello we were leasing for her. So, she said she wanted to take up the Viola next year. This year was a new teacher because the one from last year retired. At the open house to meet the teachers we told her she wanted to try the Viola and she didn't want to do that because it would be 'starting over again' and that she would like for Elena to try for a couple weeks first. Well, this past weekend when I found a log sheet for her homework for her to practice at home she says she doesn't want to do strings at all. She wants to do a band instrument. Talking with the guidance counselor yesterday we found out that band and chorus is filled up. She instead can take two classes that would replace the strings class. One was Character development and the other Art. I thought she would be so excited about art because yes this girl has a gift in drawing too but she didn't seem to excited. Then there was another which was Industrial something which was like a engineering type of class and usually is of the male gender. Well, she was excited about that. LOL I discouraged her from taking that. The last thing we need is another CRUSH. She has three now as it is. So, she decided to take Character Development which sounds a lot like a Home Economics class I was in in Middle School and Art for the Spring. Whew! The first play is this weekend. Needless to say we have been rehearsing every day except Wednesday. She was there till 8:00 last night and tonight as soon as that is over we are going to take her to where the kids are at the time of the All-nighter. Also, we decided to go get her around 1:00 a.m. tomorrow morning because she will not be able to do well with only a couple hours of sleep for that play in the morning. Somewhere in that time she needs to eat something! Last nights rehearsal the author of the character bought the kids all pizza. I was surprised and very grateful for that kind gesture. Although Elena wasn't HUNGRY and didn't eat anything. Can't win!!!! LOL
Wednesdays bible study meeting went nice. The gals seemed to have missed me last week and I was glad to have been there. Most ALL was talking about last Sunday's service! Especially the second service which Jim and I were in attendance of. It was awesome! My table leader sings on the praise team and was there of course for both first and second service. She said 'there was something really special about the second service. God was clearly present there! I am still on cloud 9 thinking about it!' SEE it wasn't just ME! I felt it too! Just a small taste of heaven... I WANT MORE! LOL
After the study a very dear friend of mine took me out to lunch for a belated birthday gift. I don't know what happened but I think it was needed and I really let out all my problems to her. She was so gracious in listening to me and all my 'stuff' and I am so thankful for her. I kept apologizing to her afterwards about telling her all that I did but she didn't seem to mind at all. She said that you know it takes years to establish a friendship like ours and for that I am
thankful for you and our friendship.
It's true. There are friends who say they are your friends and then there are those who truly know you and still remain your friend. I want to be that kind of friend to her as well as to many others. That day Jim stayed home from work. He had not slept the night before because of a headache and he stayed home. Working ten hours with only a couple hours sleep does not cut it. I asked him if he wanted me to stay home with him and he just needed to rest and told me to go on to the study as well as with Barb to lunch like I was going to do. Man... this could of really been turned around that I didn't get to get some things off my chest to someone and then I would be even a more difficult menopausal woman to live with! LOL
Well, need to close and get to Target for some shoes for the program. They said it would only be 7 dollars. LOL
TTFN!
It's a good day even when things aren't going my way. Jesus is Lord and I am saved so Hey it's a good day! --FFH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic picture of the tiger and your family.

Did you find the costume that Elena needs for the play?

Rose

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the tiger picture! WOW!

Don't stress yourself out over school too much, in my experience just when you find out about one thing you think is a problem and start worrying and contacting teachers about it the child is fine with whatever it was and are on to the next drama already! LOL!

Glad you had a chance to squeeze in some time with the girls, we all need that! Hope Jim is feeling better. -Kathy, NJ