Friday, September 7, 2007

Phone is out but can still get the internet!

That's strange to me. We have DSL service to the Internet and my phone service is out yet I can still receive email. I sent Jim a email to report the phone being out and the 'robot' told him there was a problem in the area and that it will be repaired by 7:00! LOL
Cool at least I can email someone to let them know of the problem.
If only that was the case with me. I goofed big time and it's really bothering me. Last night as I was driving home from dropping Elena off for rehearsal it occurred to me what next Friday is. (1) The All niter for the middle school students at church that we have already paid for ($50.00)
(2) Was supposed to have dinner at some friends house where they have moved into a new home.
(3) THE DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE FIRST PERFORMANCE OF THE SCHMOONEY!

Can you believe my mind???? We have known this date for the longest time and yet we completely forgot about it and enrolled Elena in the all niter. She's so upset and I tried to talk the director of the program to see if she could miss it.... Well, duh!!! It's the dress rehearsal!!! YOU BIG DUMMY! I tell you what, I wish I knew what happened to my brain. Where did I put that crazy thing...
Now I know.. I am definitely in full blown menopause. It's evident now. My low dose of estrogen 1/2 strength doesn't even help any more and even with half a sleeping pill last night I did not rest. Give me soy or give me death. HA
I am going to make sure this still goes through. You never know my good fortune of having Internet still may be short lived.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes.

I don't know the time of the rehearsal, is it possible to go to the rehearsal first and then bring Elena to the all nighter? It would probably be impossible to have the dinner also, unless the rehearsal is early.

Did the director seem to say that if she didn't come to the rehearsal that she wouldn't be in the play? They have had other rehearsals, I don't see why the dress rehearsal would be more important, other than the director seeing the costume.

If they are both the same time, which one would Elena rather do? I guess she really has made a commitment to the play and it would be a good lesson on keeping a commitment even if you miss something that you wanted to do.

I'm still hoping that you can do both, maybe leave rehearsal a little early and go to the all nighter.

Please don't blame yourself, you are only human.

charlestonyaya said...

I hear your frustsration, and as the Mom of two almost grown (thank goodness) girls, and the original over-committer married to the man who doesn't know the word "NO" - I promise you can work this all out, and do everything!! Our type-whatever personalities just do this all of the time...follow the advice of anonymous - just work through a schedule that will allow you to do it all - get help from hubby wherever you can. Believe me - Elena is in middle school and this is just starting!! love ya like a siesta, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Having a dress rehearsal means the actual show is soon. Right? Every rehearsal from then to the open is crucial. So, the all-nighter will just have to take a back-seat.