Tuesday, June 26, 2007

With Trip one out of the way now we must focus on trip 2! My Uncle who lives in Williamsburg contacted me the other day wanting to know what we wanted to do and all the details of arrival. Of course the first thing on our plate is getting Elena through the first phase of wearing her braces. On my page you probably saw Elena with her braces on. So far they haven't been too painful although she has been complaining about her nose being congested since we came home more than her mouth hurting. She was so excited yesterday getting them on. She picked red, white and blue for her colors for the fourth of July and the assistant who was doing most of the work of putting her braces on and showing her how to care for her mouth LOVED Elena. She told me she could work on Elena every day that she was a joy! She said she wished all her patients were as good! I wondered looking around how the other kids in other chairs was feeling about that if they heard her. LOL It is after 9 now and soon after I finish this entry I will get her up. We let Tinkerbell (the cat) sleep with her last night. She kept expressing how big Barkley was after he was brought home from being boarded at the kennel. After being used to two very small dogs at her Grandmothers and her Aunts house there is a big difference! LOL The dog at the Aunt's house sleeps with the children so she loved that when she slept a couple nights over at her cousin's house. Both dogs were precious I just wish there was something my MIL could do about her dog wetting every time some one wants to pay attention to him. She is constantly cleaning drips of urine every time! Very tiring!! I think we need the 'Dog Whisperer!' ha ha!

Last night we had a real rough storm. The wind was very strong and there was hail and heavy rain accompanied with lightening and thunder. Our lawn furniture had blown into the lower area of our back yard and one of the tomato cages was completely blown over as well. I need to check on my sister's house later with her plants. Jim drove around there after it 'blew over' to see briefly and it looks like lightening may have hit one of their trees and even one of my Dad's trees. Luckily none were near the houses. Didn't hear from my Dad later so I am assuming he's good but I'll call over there later to make sure because I have learned you can't assume too much in this life!

I have a very good book to recommend. Believe it or not I was able to read during our travels and stay last Week/weekend and it is still on my mind. It's a true story of a man who actually died and went to heaven. Written by Don Piper it is called "90 Minutes in Heaven". This book is easy to read and not that thick but each page will grab your attention and you don't want to put it down. An amazing story of survival and what we in Christ have to look forward to! If my comment just turned you off please know it's not a preaching book. A true story of the strength of the human spirit and the beauty of God's grace which we all need.

Jim has the book now or I would recite some parts of it to you!

Also when we came home we received some bad news. My Aunt who lives in Texas was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. My Uncle wrote that she is on two different medicines to try and keep her mind in the present state. Very sad. They have been married 56 years. OH! And this same Uncle recommended the book I just read months ago to me. I had forgotten about that and saw this book on sale at the book store and bought it for the trip. It was really meant for me to read that book!!!

Well, it's later now and I really should get Elena up. She won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elena's braces are adorable. She is such a cute girl! - Kathy