Yesterday was a sad day for me. I had a hard time with it for some reason and normally on the thirteenth of December it isn't so bad but it was yesterday. It would of been my mom's birthday. So, I wrote in my praise journal a letter to her. Thinking back on some unpleasant things at that time I am today grateful I was there to do them for her. I used to look upon those 'things' as a inconvenience and blame was put on another person for making me do what was totally not 'my job' to do. Now, I am thankful I did it. I was my Mom's caregiver for the last few weeks of her life and the home nurse was sent away. I realize now what a gift it is that I gave to her.
Then today I found out another reason for it being a hard day. A dear friend of ours died. His name is Dick Black. This man sat for hours with me in the hospital waiting room as Jim was having his surgery 5 years ago. He and his wife have always been very dear to us even before then but I remember it because no one other than my own family sat with me as long as he did on that awful day. He finally had to leave and didn't know of the outcome of Jim's surgery when he left but he did return back. During conversations with my sister in law Rose he had lots in common. Having been stationed also at Keesler Air force Base his daughter Pam was born in Biloxi, Miss. I hope that Rose remembered Mr. Black.
His heart problems had caused his kidneys to start failing so he had to have dialysis. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack and did not recover. I was just talking to his daughter Paula last Sunday and she said he was doing pretty good since his first dialysis. I cried and cried when I heard the news. He was such a sweet man and very giving. I am not sure of his age.
We are going to a concert at our church tonight. It is unseasonably warm here but I don't care. COLD Temps + Donna = NO MIX! LOL
Received all the packages from Mary today because she didn't want to risk bringing with her on the plane as they traveled from Minnesota for Christmas. Bless her heart, she had to spend over 40 dollars to send these things. I hope they arrived still in tack because I couldn't open the presents to see.... HA
Elena had a big test in Social Studies today. I hope she did well. I haven't heard any more about the testing for her.
Have a great weekend.
1 comment:
I hope you have had a better day today.
I do remember vaugely, a man in the waiting room who did talk about being stationed in MS. But sadly that is all I can remember and surprisingly Anthony can't remember the man either. I think we both were so concerned about Jim, that everyone else was just a blurr.
We do both remember your old friend Ed there, he was so worried about Jim. I could tell that he really cared about him.
Post a Comment