Monday, December 10, 2007

ALMOST done!

Usually by this time of December I have completed my shopping AND put up all my decorations. This year has been a slower, more other things to do kind of season. In fact while chatting with Rose last night online she was surprised I had not finished my shopping yet. Today I can honestly say I am ALMOST done. I have my husband, and my sister and her husband to do yet and that is it! Need to mail the packages to NJ and MS tomorrow and maybe just maybe they will get their gifts by Christmas. I wish I could say that I am happy about all this but would be much happier if it was just all done and I could actually start my baking. The ornaments would not be on our tree yet if it wasn't for the fact that during church yesterday one of the guys from our small group who we meet with on Sunday evenings asked if it would be possible if we could meet at our house that night. SURE NO PROBLEM! It wasn't really and I worked non-stop till they arrived at 6:00 without their wives. I was the only female there but one of the men did bring his daughter who is a good friend of Elena's. One is a nurse and she was working and the other two had things come up with their kids. I had a big pot of taco soup made and the house was full of smells of Christmas and looked much better than that morning. Jim did a lot to help and Elena did have her room half decent for Katelyn to come to visit. She had her web kins and they were fine right in web kin world. LOL I always need a little spark to get me moving.
After my dental appointment I went to the mall. It was surprisingly crowded in spite the fact that the public schools are still in session. There seems to be a lot of home school kids shopping! LOL Lots of walkers too. The only time I usually visit this mall is near Christmas. I am happy to say this will be it for me for a while! LOL
Elena is to be screened this week. The school psychologist suggested that way we can find out her best learning style and there are teachers there who can assist her teachers to help her.
My sister and her husband are now on their cruise in the Hawaiian isles for their twenty-fifth anniversary. I hope they are having a wonderful time.
I had a bad stomach issue again today. It was so bad I made myself some rice for dinner but I put too much salt in it and it was almost too salty to eat. I had a irritable bowel issue earlier which may have attributed to the tummy ache. Anyway, enough with that! LOL
I need to get the rest of our laundry done then it is off to bed.
Goodnight

2 comments:

Rose said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having stomach problems.

Let me know the results of Elena's screening. It sounds interesting that they could determine a different style of teaching and it makes sense to me. Each child is different and may be affected differently by a teaching style.

charlestonyaya said...

just a thought - check out www.allkindsofminds.org. is there a school in your area that uses these techniques? this is worth checking out - just thinking about ya, kathy