It's getting close to the big day. Terri and Brian have returned from their anniversary cruise in Hawaii and yesterday was my sister's birthday. Tomorrow my Dad and Barbara are to arrive home from their river boat cruise and then on Sunday Mary and Wayne should arrive for their visit from Minnesota. Things are wrapping up and Elena is so excited it was hard to contain her last night. We met up with some family members to an Italian restaurant in town for Terri's birthday and then afterwards all of us but Jim went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! What a cute movie that was. Jim didn't go because he had to get up early this morning but as it turned out we woke him up coming home around 11:30 because Barkley can't keep his bark down and then Elena kept wanting to sing "Christmas don't be late" by the chipmunks. LOL Like I said it was a wild night!
This morning the termite guy was here to do his yearly inspection and when he arrived thirty minutes early it wasn't a big deal because I was up in plenty of time but had just got Elena out of bed! What timing! No termites and we are good to go for another year. LOL Again they had to make a comment about seeing we have a lady bug problem... What can we do about it? My friend Barb said she heard they like to find a good place to hibernate this time of the year and are attracted to BRIGHT WHITE THINGS THAT SIT HIGH ON A HILL. Our house sits on a hill with WHITE siding. So, do we get a face lift for the house or move...... LOL There are some loft homes that are being built nearby. They are converting a old mill to homes and they start at 130,000. Hmmmmm no yard work? No lady bugs? We would have to move! Naw... too much like work I have talked myself back to reality of my laziness. After visiting with Mike and Gail the other night and seeing their new home with all the main rooms on one floor and a nice size basement and bonus room making the house three stories it does give me a itch but can't scratch it. LOL It intrigued me because the 'play rooms' were convenient out of sight and plenty of room for kids to have their own space. I liked the size of their basement because it was set up for each member of their family and they have five in their family. A office for Mike, a work area for Gail's scrapbook and other projects in another and then basketball, ping pong, area for even skate boards for the three boys. Elena didn't want to go home. Poor kid, she is so deprived. LOL
Well, I need to jump on the tread mill right now. Barb and I are not walking together again till after the holidays so I have to keep it up on my own which I am now in a habit of doing anyway.
Haven't dropped any weight lately but I feel different in my clothes which I should of measured myself but I think I am losing inches and developing muscle tone again. Little by little.
As my friend Mary P from WVA calls the treadmill the DREAD MILL so will I but not dreading it too much. ha!
Have a good weekend!
5 comments:
25 minutes of dread later and I am all hot and sweaty...Jim calls he is on his way home early. Poor guy better spray some Christmas spray! LOL
I don't remember a tread mill at your house, is it new?
I have friends who have them and been using them for years, they are in the habit of using it everyday and they love it. But, they are not all successful at losing weight, they also have to diet and that can be difficult. It is always a battle.
I've read recently that losing weight is a life style change, not a diet.
My problem is that I really like food, all different kinds of food. I honestly, don't think I will ever be thin, but I would like to be a healthy weight.
Rose, we have had this treadmill for several years. It was my Dad's when he lived in the house on Lancelot. It lives in the bonus room where Tony slept.
Most of my friends that have tread mills use them as a place to hang clothes that need ironing, hanging up whatever - ha! Glad to hear someone is actually using one for it's intended purpose - LOL!
Would anyone here like to buy a treadmill? Hardly used, but well traveled.
Post a Comment