Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Where do these people learn to drive and more frustrations ha!

Yeah, I am fed up with people riding on my tail and honking at me to go at a no turn right on red intersection. LOL It shouldn't be so stressful this time of the year but alas it is. The thing is I have noticed this all BEFORE Christmas. We as Americans are becoming too busy, too much in a hurry. Always running late. That is how it seems that is happening to me that is.
Tomorrow is the last day of walking with Barb in 2007 and also the last full day of school for Elena for 2007. Believe it or not she has actually been doing some better in her grades. Making B's and C+'s on her tests and she hasn't had that screening test done yet. Maybe it took her to hit as low as you can go (thankfully on a progress report card and not a report card)to wake her up. She had a lesson with Karla today. It was the first one since she was home in September. She did really well I was told and I think she really enjoyed it.
The walking has been still going but my ankles have been swollen. I thought at first it was my socks but I don't think so. Maybe I am on my feet more lately. I do seem to be more active during the day since I have been walking on a regular basis. Trying to clean the house for preparation of Mary and family's arrival. Even though they aren't staying with us I know they will be here eating and even just playing with Elena. It is forecasting a bad snow storm in Minneapolis on Saturday night into Sunday and they are flying out on Sunday morning. I sure hope the weather man is wrong.
It has been too cold here. But no ice so I guess I shouldn't complain. I did have to break down and buy Elena a new jacket just to have in case of snow. It was marked down 60 percent at Kohl's so at least the timing was right for the purchase.
Elena and I tried to make the mini lemon ginger cookies for her teachers today but I don't think they turned out. For some reason the dough was very dry. I don't recall it being this way last year when we made them. After Barb and I walk tomorrow we are going somewhere for breakfast and we then will exchange gifts. I will never understand what she sees in me for a friend. She is so talented and I am well...so not! LOL For some reason she keeps saying I am her best friend. LOL We do have one thing in common. We have fathers who was made from the same mold. Both our dads are too much alike.
Well, let me wrap the cookies up. Or not... Either way I need to go.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I can't agree more with you about people being in too much of a hurry. I was driving home from getting a hair cut yesterday and I thought I was going too slow and holding everyone up. I was in the slowest lane and there were three other lanes available. Then, I saw a speed limit sign and realized that I was going 5 miles above the limit, so I didn't feel bad about going too slow and I didn't speed up, I just let everyone pass me if they want to. I wish that people would slow down a bit.

Anthony and I rarely go on the parkway. The speed limit is 65, but it seems like no one goes under 80 and they are always cutting in front of you.

As a senor, I know our reflexes aren't that fast and I feel more comfortable driving at a reasonable speed.

And I wish people would stop using their cell phone, putting on makeup, eating a sandwich and drinking hot coffee while driving, ha! I've even seen people reading a newspaper while driving.

Scotto said...

Is there really such a thing as a "bad cookie"?