Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I appreciate you all

I have to be the luckiest person in this world to have family and friends like you all! I appreciate all the trouble some of you went through just to stay connected to me via this blogspot. It just really bothered me that Elena found that when she just googled Schmooney and friends. We all know I can get deep in my postings some times! LOL
Finally heard from the guidance counselor who has referred me to the school psychiatrist. LOL Well, whatever it takes to get Elena some extra time and maybe help her along a bit (without medicating her with stimulants) it will work out. She has been "off the wall" lately because of the holidays. I can't stress enough to her how this needs to be controlled some or she will drive everyone crazy! LOL She laughs... Anyway, I also contacted her riding instructor who is away getting her masters and whom Elena really looks up to. We leased from her the pony that Elena has participated in horse shows with. It turns out that she is so excited in helping Elena! She said her dream was to have her own clinic where she worked with kids and families using the horses as therapy! She also will be home for Christmas so we can talk more of t his further. I am really trying to be the 'squeaky wheel' for a change because this child is worth the grease!
I could of easily crawled back into bed this morning after taking Elena to school. Barb called last night saying she couldn't walk this morning because she had a doctor appointment. So...my conscience urged me to grab the many layers of clothing to face the cold elements and grab Barkley who is always ready to go for a walk! He and I did a very brisk walk/run for thirty minutes! I have to say that I feel really good and so glad I did not give in to that warm comfortable calling that my bed was urging me to do. I have been walking back now a month and even though it hasn't been every day I feel stronger and start to feel less uncomfortable even in my 'fat clothes'. I so want to get my energy back. This isn't the time of year to be lazy. Plus I deal with depression during this time of the year. It's the 9th Christmas without my mom around but sometimes it feels like the first. Exercise helps with the blues as well.
We were one of the 30,000 people at the Greenville Christmas Parade last Saturday night. I have lived in this area almost all my life and never once have I attended a Christmas parade for the city of Greenville before downtown. The weather then was perfect for a parade and we really enjoyed it. Even after Elena and Jim argued a while about *where* the best place to stand was to see everything. She was interested in candy and I was so glad they didn't throw out any because I always thought it was too dangerous.
Well, I think I may do some Christmas shopping! I was just thinking it won't be long the kids will be home for Winter break and the stores will be even more crowded.
TTFN and thanks again for those of you that joined this just for me!
Love,
Donna

P.S. DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS!
December 13 - Would of been my mom's 70th birthday
December 20 - Terri
December 18 - Terri and Brian's 25 wedding anniversary! (they are going to cruise the Hawaiian isles!)

3 comments:

Rose said...

I'm glad that walking has given you more energy. I love to walk, but I can't walk fast, that makes my heart beat too fast. So I always feel like I am holding Anthony back when we walk, he could get more exercise if he walked without me. We haven't been walking regularly, but it is a nice habit to get into.

How is Jim? When does he see his DR? I know you told me, but I do not remember.

`yvette said...

*YEAH for you getting up and walking! ;0)

*Keep greasing that wheel!

*Did you go shopping? What did ya get?

Scotto said...

Whoa, I've got some catching up to do. I feel like Rip Van Winkle.

Don't you stop walking! The cold air can do you some good (in small doses).