Monday, November 12, 2007

Since my last post

Just turned on the self cleaning feature on my gas range for the first time since owning it. It will be two years old in May and this is the first time I have even tried it out. So.... keeping my fingers crossed that my house doesn't burn down! LOL

Last Thursday was my yearly physical that was three years late. My good cholesterol has improved and my overall numbers is 156! My doctor was so happy about all the numbers on my blood work. He said that the only thing that concerned him was my gradual weight gain. He wants me to exercise, exercise, exercise. Of course his nurse was in the room and said "you better not let him have to warn you again"! OY! Anyway, I told him I was in denial till this week when I have been walking every day (except that day before) and that I was finally at that place in this stage of my life that I want to do something about it. He said that yearly medical exams have a way of motivating us. HA! Anyway, he wants to see me again at the end of January and see if I am keeping up with my bargain. Great... I have to be accountable.....
I was supposed to start walking that Friday morning with my friend Barb but something much more important came up. I was asked to take a good friend of mine to the hospital that morning for outpatient surgery and the time she was told gave me time I thought to walk with Barb then go straight to her house to take her to the hospital. Thursday night Jackie called saying that they changed it and wanted her there at 9:00 a.m. OK... that was fine. I called Barb to 'reschedule' and she is busy till maybe Thursday of this week! It didn't stop my walking with Jim and Elena this weekend though so I will keep it up but it would of been nice to start a routine with her and I am hoping this will happen after Thanksgiving.

It was important that I was with Jackie for her surgery. Bless her heart she was so nervous and she was in so much pain afterwards. She's a nurse so she knows more what goes on than I do which sometimes is not a good thing to know so much. Her first time completely under for a surgery and she didn't know how she would react. She did fine but did have to stay in recovery longer than we expected because her pain level was so high and also her oxygen saturation in her blood was not to where they wanted it to be before letting us (us being me and her three children) in to help her get ready to go home. I thought how I had my 'female' surgery at that same hospital two years ago and how I really missed my Mother during that time. Jim was great but for that kind of matters it would of been nice to have had my Mom there. So, I felt it was important I was there for her to mother her for a change. Her mother is deceased too.

I am losing my mind. I have misplaced a very favorite music CD and searched this house up and down and can not find it! I can't imagine where I put it and I can't imagine WHY I can't remember what I did with it! This is driving me crazy because I feel so bad that maybe I am just losing it for sure.

Going with Elena and her class tomorrow on a field trip as a chaperon Roper Mountain Science Center. So... I'll probably have stories for you later. BEWARE! Ha! This is also where they have lots of beautiful Christmas lights every year.

I smell that oven working. No fires. :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think, if you exercise you won't really have to change your diet.

Anonymous said...

walking is good but don't fall into the trap of needed someone else to go with you, that was my biggest problem and made me not walk when I could have! Now I just go on my own if I have to but find that CD and bring some music along for the walk with you! Maybe an i-pod for Christmas is in your future it makes walking more fun & less like work - hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like overall you had a very good annual exam.

I think walking with a friend would be fun. Does Jim and Elena ever walk with you?

Rose