Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Much to do!

Today was a kind of a 'catch up' on what I wanted to do yesterday in addition to today. I cleaned out the fridge to make room for more food for next week and re-arranged a couple of my cabinets to get to items easier and not stressing out where is that special pan or gadget that I will need to make the meal or meals. I feel better already! LOL
Yesterday's field trip to the Roper Mountain Science center was very interesting. I learned some about the kids Elena is around every day and I have found that it may be a good thing she hasn't bonded with any of the girls there yet. The majority of the ones I saw were very snobbish and just selfish. The majority of the boys was much more polite and respectful than the majority of the girls I saw. Elena was so happy me being there and I am glad I went in spite of how awful I was feeling with my stomach again. Yes, tummy bothering me once again. I think it's definitely a drip from sinuses.
I have been walking just about every day except today. That's OK. I will walk with Barb in the morning if it isn't raining. I need a walking buddy till I get in a habit of doing this and I know I will venture out by myself if I need to. It's just easier to get back into the swing of it all with others. I think I am doing pretty good though. I have lost 3 pounds in three weeks and that is a big start of the 30 I need to lose. I plan to continue to walk even while the company is here. Maybe some one may want to come with me. LOL
It's that time of the year again when all good houses here where I live is surrounded by lady bugs. They aren't as much as in the years past but it is frustrating to have them all the time around. It is OK if they want to cover the outside of our house but leave the inside alone please. We are having some warm days here lately and they seem to multiply when that happens. I am hoping for rain tomorrow which may keep them out. But it gets very old because we have been in this house 13 years and for thirteen years we have put up with the beetles every Fall.
OK. Back to work on the menu. I am going to brine the turkey this year. It's supposed to bring a more moist bird than the basting of it during cooking. We are ordering a fresh turkey from Whole Foods Market this year. The cost wasn't that much more than a butterball frozen turkey and this turkey won't have hormones, and all that other stuff that is not good for us.
I will probably have the usual sides but I think I may add a butternut squash soup on the menu too.
OK...that's it for now. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been cleaning out a few kitchen cabinets also. It's time for fall cleaning.

I always brine our turkey, I think it does improve the moistness. I even like to brine chicken and pork too.

I've decided on our menu. We always have to have the rice and sausage stuffing.

Good luck with your walking, wish I lived near you, I love to walk (sometimes my knees don't like it though.)

Rose

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dinner!