You name it, we probably ate it. I am ashamed to say I ate like there was no tomorrow over the holiday. Most all went well for the big dinner on Thursday except for a couple of things that were not a big hit like for instance my acorn squash pear soup but it sure helped having the majority of the meal already made and all I had to do was heat them up. Took my in laws to Whole Foods Market the day before to search for the proper anti-pasta ingredients and even to Costco where both places did not have just sliced pepperoni! Anyway it was OK we had some really good cheese and salami with artichokes and black and green olives. We took them to a family Italian Restaurant near to us Wednesday night and Friday night we went to a Japanese steak house. Plenty of leftovers provided a really good lunch for 6 kids on Saturday. Yes, six. My nephew and niece from next door spent some time with the kids playing and having a blast. We met up with them on Thanksgiving evening to see the movie "Enchanted" which was really cute. Mac Dreamy was dreamy as usual. Usually since my niece Victoria's birthday is really close and sometimes ON Thanksgiving Tradition was that she would pick a movie that we all would go see. My mother in law also went which surprised me and I think she really enjoyed it.
The nephew who was here from out of state ran a fever the first two days he was here. It was really strange because he had no other symptoms but the fever. I wish I was a child psychiatrist that I may help these children cope with the troubles they are facing. My sil's husbands leaving their home has damaged each one of these children in a different way. One is very sensitive, one is very angry, one is a big over-achiever and two of them are very disrespectful to their mother. The father called a few times while they were here even was putting up their Christmas decorations while they were away. When we called this evening to see if they made it home he was heard being in the background helping them unpack. All this has to be very confusing to these kids.
Jim's second PSA and cholesterol test still showed an elevation. He is advised to go to a urologist for the necessary scan and to work with exercise and diet to lower his cholesterol.
Talking about the blog life with my sister in law while she was here and with her negative response of this format of communication has made me wonder if this is something I should be doing. I really enjoy venting this way and I don't really think I get that much responses but that is OK. However, am I exposing myself to the public in a way that can be damaging to me? I don't know. I would love to be able to really post what is going on in my heart but I realize that I can't.
Tomorrow I plan to get started on the decorating of the house. When I decorated for Thanksgiving I did get out the Christmas in a way to be able to get to it easy. With the only November family birthday out of the way today I can now focus more on Christmas gifts.
OK folks. This is all for the day. Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.
3 comments:
I don't know, were you planning on making that soup professionally? I think this has been an excellent form of communication, I'm even looking into using this service over the Yahoo.
I'm sure the soup tasted great...and I don't even really care for squash!
I'd like to try that soup myself. You can't please everyone.
I'm afraid the kids had problems before Todd left, his leaving and how Lisa handles his leaving, could make their problems even worse. But, I think having a father who is a bad influence is worse than not having a father living with them. I would think there will be less stress in the house with him living elsewhere. But, I really don't know.
I was so glad to see the kids looking happy in the pictures that you sent.
Rose
I for one, look forward to reading your blog every morning. If the "public" viewing it concerns you, then make it private (which I thought it was).
`yvette
Post a Comment