Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am not sure what is going on with my blogs now but going to try and post a entry for the new year. It was a busy, but very nice Christmas season this year. My sister and her family were here for a few days and we received a surprise visit from my niece who moved to Seattle the early Fall of this year. We traveled at Thanksgiving but stayed home for Christmas and New Years. New Years Eve was celebrated at Karen and Monty's house. I love these people. They are our leaders of our small group at our church. The whole group is such a blessing to me. It's amazing how close you can get to several people. I don't know what my life would be like without them all in my life.
Of course I have many friends that are as important to me as well. We had our dear friends, Cheryl and Allen for dinner for Christmas Eve and then traveled to our church for a Christmas Eve service that was amazing! We are so blessed to be a part of this church.
Jim gave me a Color Nook for Christmas. I intend to start reading again. Yes, it would be great to read again and enjoy reading too! I am going to a 'training class' at Barnes and Noble on this Thursday night!
I have so many plans for this year. I want to do so much, accomplish so much and finally complete so much this year. Of course, the first of every year has this kind of anticipation and goal. Maybe this year is the year!!

Happy New Year!

Donna

2 comments:

Brenda Christmas said...

What kind of training is it? How to use a Nook? How to get books on it? I haven't yet entered the electronic reading age ...

Unknown said...

Brenda, it was a great class! They showed us the basics of getting around on it and all the little tricks that make it fun. The books are downloaded electronically through a internet connection. You can even get magazines on it. It's really amazing.