Elena is now 17. I am officially old. My daughter is not thinking of her future, yet her mother is. I want so much for her. She is so gifted in so many areas. I just want her to know she is so special that she can go in so many directions. Yet, I feel she is more interested in what her boyfriend, Mitchell is up to. He does treat her like a princess. I always prayed for her to find someone who would treat her that way. I think though if the opportunity came that he would be able to move back to Illionois then he would and he would forget all about Elena. Of course I have been wrong once..... LOL
This morning early my dear friend lost her husband to esophagus cancer. He had been really fighting this cancer for a while now. It's hard to watch someone you love go through this hard stuff. I have loved a dear friend all year through her loss of her husband a year ago, December 26th and now this friend now. I often feel guilty that my husband lived through such life threatening situations and my dear, sweet friends husbands' did not. Is this wrong of me? Should I feel so bad? It is all in God's hands, not mine.
This Saturday is the South Carolina primary election. I am torn between two candidates. Of course, I will support the candidate that eventually wins the nomination, but I feel the one I vote for will be significant.
Well, need to leave. Jim has taken tomorrow off because we only have really one car. The buick is having 3,000 of work done to her. I hope that it will last for a bit. I don't want another car payment.
It would be nice to be able to move. I feel the need to leave.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
ACK! If you are old, what am I? My kids are 19 and 20! lol
Teen girls are often romantics and don't think practically when it comes to their future. Hopefully, Elena will grow out of it. ;-) Just pray pray pray!
We're going to vote this afternoon. I'm torn between two candidates as well, but I think one stands a better chance of winning in the fall than the other.
Post a Comment