Monday, July 14, 2008

Half and Half

With all this scare of a possible hiatal hernia repair surgery AGAIN I have decided to go on the reduction of acid in my diet way of life again. On Saturday night I had the pain again. It wasn't as severe as on Thursday but still enough to almost make me feel pretty certain that something isn't right in Denmark. So, this morning I am reducing my caffeine intake little at a time. I made myself 1/2 caffeine and 1/2 non caffeine coffee this morning. I can't go straight caffeine free just yet because I just don't want the headaches again so maybe slowly but surely would be the key. Also, have had to stop my supplement I had for my menopause symptoms. Wasn't helping much this time any way but the herbal part can be havoc on sensitive tummies such as mine. Trying to be reasonable but aware of what I need to do. This has me very concerned. I had a vision this morning of coming home from my trip to the have the EGD procedure done and the doctor saying "Emergency Surgery" right from there. The thing that bothers me the most is will this affect my being able to go on the cruise? OR more important...Jim's work schedule! Not much time left for him to take off (with pay that is). I haven't told my Dad any of this but wrote on my Aunt Martha's wall on Facebook to let her know. She's had the same surgery and now she tells me my Uncle Lowell (Dad's brother)is having GERD problems. It's a genetic thing. OK let's think positive shall we? It will only require a little bit of stretching and I will be all right and ready to go to Florida on August 9th. Yes, and Elena will be all prepared to go on her 'camp' week when I get home from Minneapolis. Not in right order, actually I should think the Elena thing as being the second mission accomplished. I have printed out our check list for her camp requirements and will start working on the list after I finish this entry.
Life sure throws the curves don't it? I have been having some issues for a while but why does all this have to come to a head right before major things I have been counting the days for?! That's life.. I came across as I was going through cruise/ minneapolis/ camp papers a clipping quoted by Charles Swindoll and it will be what I am going to dwell on today.
Attitude by: Charles Swindoll
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is plan on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

Half easy and Half not? Half empty and Half full it's all in my attitude and that is what I need to strive for today. All I have is now.
Grace and Peace,
Donna

2 comments:

Rose said...

I'm sorry that you are still not feeling well. Does getting the pain again on Saturday night, mean that the pills you took on Friday didn't cause the problem?

If you get bad pain again (I sure hope you don't), please call your DR. Maybe they could take an mri or some other test to see what is causing the problem.

I'm a little worried about you taking your trip to Mineappolis. But then you know what a worrier I am.

Hopefully, the low acid diet will help.

Anonymous said...

I love your "clipping" that you posted. Attitude helps an awful lot in life. Hopefully with the right medication and your excited, adventurous attitude your trip will be wonderful!

I wish you well,
Kathy, NJ