Around 3:30 yesterday we waved to Elena goodbye as she and 29 other middle schoolers ventured off in several vans to Lake Hartwell for a week of adventure and missions. Her first night away from home in a couple of years without neither I or Jim with her and no phone calls crying for us to come get her. I could not sleep for I kept hearing her even with my ear plugs in I sensed her and it about drove me crazy. I was so happy to have some time with Jim alone without the usual 'stuff' and at the same time it is a bitter-sweet pill to swallow. So, this is a preview of other trips she may participate in where I am an OLD WORRY WORT but at the same time happy to have some 'freedom'? I call it freedom with some strings. Heart strings! She will be home on Thursday so she isn't going to be gone THAT long.
After we dropped Elena off we decided to go see a MOVIE that doesn't involve farm animals or Miley Cyrus. Yes, we went to see THE DARK KNIGHT and it was amazing. I hate that Heath Ledger is dead and that kept haunting me as they kept showing these up close pictures of the joker's face. However, putting that emotion aside it was a movie worth seeing but I don't think young kids would be able to handle it. Although we did see some young kids there and couldn't believe it. Of course not my business but some of those images would definitely haunt my thirteen year olds' dreams. Of course all kids are different.
I can not believe it but the cruise is quickly coming up! Can you believe it that in 13 days we will be on our way?! I am so excited to share this experience with Elena for her first time on a cruise. Who knows, it may be the only time!
I have been asked to be in charge of the coffee set up for the Ladies Bible Study on Wednesday mornings this Fall. How appropriate for ME to be in charge of a coffee set up? LOL How ironic. But, I did let one of the leaders know (and a good friend of mine)that I will have to have surgery but don't know when yet. No big deal, it's just coffee...the elixir of life.
Well, need to go and do something productive. I have such dreams to accomplish while she is away but you know what at the same time I just want to read.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
2 comments:
Aaawwww, I sooooo know how you feel about Elena being away. HUGS!!!
Wasn't Dark Knight amazing?!?!?!? I didnt really know too much about Heath Ledger, but wow, he was awesome.
`yvette
(who is getting ready to rock out...lol)
I feel the same way when my kids aren't home! This is Zack's 6th year at Boy Scout camp but I still don't sleep well when he is gone. I just don't like knowing that I can't get to him right away with the camp being 3 hours away up in the mountains.
Sarah sleeps over at the Girl Scout camp once in a while and I don't sleep well then either & she is only 15 minutes away!
What are we going to do when our kids go to college? LOL!
Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment