Saturday, July 12, 2008

5 days till lift off

In five days I will be on US Airways Flight 982 departing from Charlotte to Minneapolis by MYSELF! Kinda scary but exciting at the same time. I can't believe that time has really crept up on me! Mary called this morning all excited about my arrival and I now have a bad case of IBS. UGH! Anyway, I have a health update and it may not be a good one so stop reading or keep reading it's up to you. LOL
On Thursday I gave in and took two Lortabs because for the past several days I had a migraine headache that wouldn't go away. I phoned Jim to tell him that so most likely I would be asleep but Elena was OK because all she was doing was playing on her Wii anyway. Well, not long after taking the pills I awoke to the worst pain in the middle of my abdomen where I experienced many pains from my hiatal hernia before the surgery 3 years ago. I was sweating and felt maybe I should call 911. Finally though it passed on and I felt some better. Elena came in to ask me a question during that spell and it worried her because it was clear to her I was in severe pain. This happened again but not as strong soon after that and I called Jim saying what was happening and that I was going to call my Gastric doctor thinking it felt just like a hiatal hernia attack. I called and to my dismay they were closed for lunch. I called Jim back and told him I was feeling better and would call after a while. I went back to bed and not a hour later my dear, sweet husband was home. I felt so bad because at the time I was not hurting and knew he had limited time and now he would have to make up that lost time. Soon after that it happened again but again not as bad as the first or the second occurrence. Called and talked to the nurse and she questioned why I didn't call my family doctor first. Well, I felt it was from my esophagus because the pain was too familiar. Still, I was able to make a appointment Friday morning at 9:45. The doctor said that he wasn't real sure that from that area it could of been my heart, pancreas or even a gall bladder attack and since I have a 'history' that it was most likely that the aleve or the lortab settled in my esophagus and was burning into the lining of it because it did not dissolve. That made sense to me. He also wants me to have another endoscope done to see if my esophagus had to be stretched or that my surgery has slipped. If that is the case I will have to have the surgery done AGAIN! I almost cried when he said that. He repeated that twice during our conversation saying "sometimes that happens unfortunately". So, when I come home from my trip to Minneapolis on the 24Th I will have another EGD done. Every time I think of going through that again I want to cry. But, if that is what needs to be done I will have to do it. It's too bad you can't get a discount for having to have it done twice. LOL
Elena is doing so good with this new horse she's been riding. We are leasing him this month and this horse will follow her around wherever she goes. It's funny how laid back this horse is and he is only 4 years old! I told Karla calm animals in our life makes me nervous because usually it means they are sick. LOL Speaking of animals, Elena has her first job starting tomorrow. She is to take care of Terri's dog Holly as they are going to be gone for two weeks! She is gone now to get her instructions.
OK..enough of my great news. LOL Sorry, but that's life and I am so thankful the pain is gone.
TTFN
Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Correction: Terri and Brian do not leave until Friday but the kids will all be gone two weeks.

Rose said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach problems. It sounds terribly painful. I wonder if the medicine caused the pain, are they large pills? I've notice lately, that alot of the directions for medication say that you can't lie down for an hour after taking it. I hope this doesn't happen to you again.

Have a wonderful trip to Minneapolis.