I have had a interesting day. A kind of sad day to be honest with you. I met with a old friend I have not seen in quite a while. For a strange feeling I left this lunch date feeling that the friendship was officially over. It was sad to me because I have always loved our times together. Also that our birthdays fell on the same date ( not year) and we shared the same first name. It was always amazing to me that our friendship has lasted this long. However, I didn't feel the connection today. Its sad but God does put people in our lives for different purposes. I however love to have my close friends around for a long time. Donna has been that for me. We both adopted a daughter we both have had the same frustrations, heartbreak and we share the same beliefs. Yet today it was clearly different. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it triggered how we are different when a comment was made about religion. I feel that God welcomes us all. I don't feel that a label of a religious organization is salvation. It's a heart matter and it is between God and that person. I can not judge only to share what I know and how I feel about my faith in Christ alone.
That being said it's sad when it is felt that a connection you have had for a long time with someone is coming to a end. I may be over thinking this and I hope that is the case. I have always been a sensitive person and quite frankly usually what I feel is going on is the truth. Sad.
Please, if you are reading my post pray for me. I am really having a hard time with this and I want to do what God wants me to do. I want Him to guide me in my friendships. I do have many good friends, am very blessed and want to always be a blessing to them as well.
We hugged and went our separate ways. May God's blessings be forever with my friend, Donna and if it's meant for us to continue to be as close, may God be glorified in that.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
Very Cool!
-KC
www.kccady.com
Post a Comment