I was in my car with Jim traveling to the nearest MD360 urgent care facility. I had lunch with Sherri and Cheryl earlier and had a episode which left me feeling really bad. Came home and things got worse. Diarrhea, pain, out of breath, confusion.... Told Jim and off we went. I have a history of GI distress but this pain was different. The doctor there gave me my options... blood work there, then send to hospital or have it all done at the hospital. He felt quite sure it was not your ordinary stomach bug. This was serious. Making the decision to go to the hospital we sat in the ER till a bed was available and finally a CT scan showed a angry appendix. Was finally put in a room in the hospital with NPO for they were planing on operating in the morning which then was already 2:30 a.m. on Saturday. Around 12 hours later I was in surgery. Of course anything with me can't be "routine" my appendix was hiding behind lots of scar tissue and other organs such as a kidney, intestines, colon...so the surgeon had to really search around for that little angry guy to remove. Thankfully even with all that difficulty they did not have to cut. They did that all liproscopicly. *spelling*. I was released to come home Monday morning.
This few days of *caretaker in training* was a learning experience for both Elena and myself. My first day on Tuesday was a frustrating one for me. I expected her to just know to help me, read my mind...etc... because she's a woman, right??! She should know... NOT! She didn't . I have to tell her like I have to do with her Dad. She is female but lots of times she thinks like a guy.. HAHA! Can't fault her with that, it's how God designed her. Yesterday was the first day we had some break through moments when I felt we were all working together as a team. Now today, a friend of mine asked her to come help her get her daughter packed for going back to college this weekend and there was no consideration if I needed her at home. I felt hurt. I started feeling sorry for myself... what about me??! I am the one who is constantly told by everyone not to do too much, to let them spoil you, and how can that be if I am all alone? I am fine. Really just had a feel sorry for myself moment. I have to say since the surgery my hormones and emotions have been off the chain a bit. Then reality hit... A very close friend of ours is looking at final days with his dad. A only child whom is being presented with lots of *alone* choices. So, my feeling sorry for myself really bit me in the tail. We are never alone but sometimes we need to be alone with ourselves to find out what it is really like to be alone. Does my friend's Dad feel alone? Probably so. However he isn't either. What makes us really feel inferior to being alone I think comes to pride. The need to feel sorry for ourselves. I ask for forgiveness and I ask for mercy for my friend's family.
Oh, and they should of never left me alone with those brownies. Yeah.... :)
3 comments:
You are loved dearly. You were never far from my thoughts all week. If you need me at any time this weekend simply call or text me I'll coming running with another Frosty :)
Thank you, Jennifer! You are the best friend one could have!!!
Post a Comment