Not my first post of the year yet, I feel like it is. I have in the last month turned over a new leaf. I have to say that my life is not the same. I have incorparated a weekly routine of showing up at the gym at 5:00 a.m. M-F. and doing a work out since January. And as of March 1st, I am officially a Guardian Ad Litem. I mentioned that I was thinking about taking the training class months ago. I did finally and already have my first case. I endured a hour long interview which I was so nervous for and why I wonder now was I so nervous. Because if God didn't want me doing this, it would not have worked out. The interview went ok. And right after I was assigned my first 'case'. It goes to court Tuesday. I did my report and my case manager acted really impressed with my writting. I am interested in the legal system, I have to admit and at 52 I am just now in to it.
Life at home has been kind of intense. I think we are all going through growing pains and sometimes it just isn't pretty around here. We will get through though.
Tonight we attended a friend of ours 50th birthday party. It was great being with so many people we know and love and having good food at the same time.
This is the latest I have been up for a few weeks. I have to admit, I am already thinking if I should go to the gym tomorrow. I should take a day off. Yet, I can see a difference and it encourages me to keep on.
So far, I have lost 12 pounds. I just want to keep it up. Spring Break will be at the Beach. In front of relatives and daughter's boyfriend and his family. UGH! I guess it will all work out.
Well better go.
Donna
No comments:
Post a Comment