If you told me that Jim would be strong enough to go back to work tomorrow one month ago I would of probably laughed in your face. The last couple of months has been such a journey that actually I feel as if I was on a mission trip in a foreign land. In church this morning they were giving teasers in short little comments from different people who have come back from mission trips. This was to make you want to hear all their stories in a special service in August. I felt as if I could be one of them. I didn't travel to a foreign land only to Charleston, S.C. but I felt the obstacles I faced were quite similar in what those people faced as well. The uncertainty, the fear, and the complete dependence on our God. Bringing something along or maybe making the wrong turn somewhere only to later on finding those past experiences a benefit in a present moment. For no reason, feeling a peace come over you that although things look helpless all will be OK and it is not my story but HIS.
Things have been nothing but better ever since Jim was released from the local hospital here. Maybe the catheter wasn't removed as fast as we wanted it to be but we trusted the two doctors' judgement and looking back we see that it was the right time. A lot of other things have been slow but wow...! Jim is going back to work!! I have to admit that the fact that we really need the usual salary again isn't the main thing that gets me excited. It is the fact that he is alive, and has the drive to get better every day and he had so much prayer support from so many people from all over the country that he had no choice but to get better! Oh, did I tell you that the first PSA test was 0.00!!!
The future only seems better from here now.
1 comment:
I can't believe he's already going back to work either. That's fantastic!
Post a Comment