Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fear is not of the Lord

I am afraid. Afraid of what the near future holds for me. Will I be a widow? Or will I be a wife nursing my husband as he goes through cancer treatments. I know that the fear I am feeling is not of what God wants for me but there is fear. I don't want to be alone. Alone raising this child whom we prayed for for so many years. We had a follow-up appt. with Jim's urologist today. The first one since his release from the hospital where we learned he has prostate cancer. I am not the only wife in this stage of life but he isn't even in his 60's yet. Isn't this what we are supposed to face in our retirement years? I am not convinced that his young age is a plus in this fight to win over the dreaded C word. I am really having some issues but I know if I just give all my concerns and worries to the one who loves Jim more than I do I will be ok. We both will be ok.

1 comment:

Brenda Christmas said...

(((Donna))) No matter what comes, you have church, friends, and family to support you and uphold you and Jim in prayer. May God wrap you both in the comfort of His arms.