I am a little older now. I turned 50 on September 3. I can't believe I am this old. I know that a couple years from now I will wish I was just celebrating my 50Th bday again but at this moment it has been a real adjustment. When I think of 50 I think I should be a grandmother, enjoying traveling and not worrying about raising a teenager. Well, God had different plans for me so that is what I should be content with. If not, I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter Elena and my adorable, faithful husband Jim. He's older now too by the way. LOL I was sick on his birthday and I felt so bad about that but couldn't help it. I think it was the stress from the weekend before. I just can't seem to handle stress that comes with certain situations lately. Plus I think I might have picked up something after cleaning up vomit on last Friday night and the diarrhea on Sunday. I have a sister who is expecting twin girls. She is going to name one after our mother and the other a variation after our dad. I guess she feels she has to please everyone. I just wish our mom was still around. I miss her so much some days.
Went to a funeral for my mom's cousin's husband who died suddenly a week ago. Was around family who I haven't seen in so long. Took my pregnant sister who is expecting twins (who I mentioned before) and of course she was the focus of conversation b/c she is expecting twins. LOL I know that is important and I still can't believe it. I have had sympathetic nesting symptoms a few weeks ago where I was cleaning furiously. But... that didn't last long. My house is a mess. A true mess.
My daughter is now a freshman in high school. PLUS she has a boyfriend. I have nightmares of her telling me she had sex and that she was pregnant. OY! I know, I am not the only mom who has these nightmares. However this is another moment where I miss my mother. How did I survive my highschool years and never got pregnant?? I guess it helps to be homely and no dates till really the senior year. HA HA
Still praying about the guardian ad-litem volunteer position. I really am interested. I am going to call and inquire when the next training session is.
What do you do when you know someone is upset with you and is trying to 'teach you a lesson'? I can understand why they are bitter but at the same time I don't know what else I can do to 'make it up' to them. I have two people in my life that is treating me this way. I guess I should not dwell on it because I know I did all I can do.
Well, five weeks later.. little older but not wiser still trying to do this thing called life. Goodnight
Donna
4 comments:
I just read your post. I remember 50, it was fun, ha. I usually enjoy each stage of life. I really love retirement. Luckily, I was able to retire at 53. On my next birthday, I will be 65, which means, I will finally be able to collect my pension and I will be enrolled in medicare. Medicare has good benefits and bad points. They will deduct almost $100 a month from my SS for the premium. But it does pay 80% of the Dr bill after you meet your deductable. If a person doesn't visit the DR often, they will never meet the deductable.
I have a problem. My husband has high blood pressure and he refuses to see a DR. He is not being treated for it and not taking any medicine for it. I don't know how to convince him to see his DR. He hasn't had a check up in 5 years. Any suggestions?
I'll be there in 3 years. I'm not looking forward to it. Seems like the older I get, the more stuff stops working correctly or starts aching. SIGH.
I would have no patience for someone who was trying to teach me a lesson. The lack of grace and mercy is really off-putting. It's not Christ-like. I'd be offended. Can't say what I'd do. I guess if someone was that determined to wallow in bitterness and lesson-teaching, I'd just make sure I had extra fun in my life. Let 'em eat their hearts out! ;-)
Rose, I don't have any suggestions in convincing Anthony to see a doctor. I just know if Jim hadn't had a check up that day many moons ago he would of not known about the mitral valve prolapse and therefore you never know but I may not have him today since his was not the norm for people with that. His quality of life could be in jeopardy if he keeps ignoring the high blood pressure. Can lead to kidney failure which we know then he would have to have dialysis. Not good. I can't judge him b/c I am extremely over-weight and that isn't good for my health either.
Brenda, thanks for the advice on my problem with the person I mentioned in my blog. It is a family member so it makes it even more difficult. I just have to let God deal with their heart because I really have nothing else to confess or ask for forgiveness to them about. It is just a shame they are aiming their 'lesson' to one of my immediate family members and it isn't right.
Ah, well, that makes a difference as family is so important and those ties can't be escaped. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. No wonder it pains you so much.
Post a Comment