Friday, August 7, 2009

Should update

As usual I am up way too late. I have done all I can do on Farm Town, FarmVille, Barn Buddy and even Farkle. These are games on Face book. I enjoy games but most of all it has helped is establish new friendships. Most of my friends on these games were people I went to high school with or graduated from the same high school as myself. I get lonely sometimes for friendships and even though face book has been noted as being a marriage destroyer I myself have found it to be not at all that case. I guess it depends on each person's situation. Haven't gotten into Twitter yet but Jim has actually started that. LOL We will see how long that will last.
The house is looking more and more like it did on June 15th.. the day before the storm that changed our lives. The roof was replaced while we were on our 'anniversary' cruise and the screen porch, painting, repair of the bonus room and new carpet was all installed or done last week. There are some minor things left now and still waiting on the money from the bank to be released but all in all it is done. We still have a good many tree remains that we could not afford to have hauled away. So, hopefully someone who needs wood for the winter will come along and take this off our hands.
I made a big mistake about our anniversary. It wasn't alerted to me till my sweet niece had her birthday and her mother (my sister) puts on her status on face book that she can't believe that it has been 24 years since her birth. I always kept up with her age with the years we have been married because she was born the same year. Her birth was a big deal to me. My first niece, and the following October we were married. So, I looked on the marriage certificate. LOL YES I messed up!!! It will only be 24 years this October and we celebrated our 25 a year early with the wonderful cruise we took. We needed it and I don't regret us going although I have heard through the grape vine that some thought we were crazy for going to Mexico. LOL
More news I have not made so public till now. My youngest sister Karen is pregnant with TWINS! She is due February 1st, 2010 but they will take the twins probably two weeks before depending how things are. I think I have sympathy nesting symptoms because this week I have been cleaning, re-arranging really beyond even Spring cleaning would script. I can't be pregnant so that is all I can say that makes any sense.
I will post pictures of our new 'roof' and carpet.
Have a great weekend. Grace and Peace to you!

Donna

2 comments:

Scotto said...

Now, you get two 25ths!

Rose said...

I haven't been checking this site for awhile. I'm glad that I checked it today. I always like reading your blogs.

I bet your whole family is excited about Karen expecting twins.

We all make mistakes. I don't think it matters whether it was your 24th or 25th. You both shared a nice cruise. Congratulations!

When I was buying your Anniversary card, Anthony told me that it was your 24th, not 25th. But I didn't believe him. It is sooo hard being married to someone who is always right, ha.