Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time to brag again..forgive me but I can't help it!!


The weekend before last Elena tells us that she is going to audition for the middle school talent show and she is going to sing. Now maybe this doesn't sound too strange to you but the child has not had one voice lesson nor does she sing in a choir in church or in school. Not since 5th grade! Anyway, I said OK if that is what you want to do. Thinking already how to comfort her when they tell her she didn't make the audition I am SHOCKED when I ask her the day after the audition and she says without a surprise "Yes, I am in". I went out and bought the track for the song she has chosen and would listen from time to time getting more and more nervous. Thinking.... is she going to be torn apart by other students if she screws up? There were 23 participants and Elena was number 18. In my nervousness I waited till yesterday to ask my family members and some friends if they would like to come to the event. My Dad, Barbara, Terri and two of her children came. Let me tell you....I was completely nervous about NOTHING. She did awesome! Her peers cheered and my Dad commented that she was good and that he didn't know she could sing. She did not place but to me she was awesome! She did something again I could never get the nerve to do and that is to step on stage in front of a crowd and SING! I remember singing with my sil at my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary and the their re-newing of their vows. We both were so nervous we had to take a nerve pill before we could sing. I was awful! But it was all a blur so I don't remember and the rest like they say is history.

Another proof that I did not give birth to this child!!! LOL

1 comment:

Rose said...

That is a great picture of Elena. What a wonderful surpirse. I would have been very nervous. What song did she sing?