Usually when I have things that are not very pleasant happen in my life they will come in threes and then we will have some calmness but not this past week.
As you know it started a week ago losing a very sweet and dear friend of the family. The loss of this dog I think has hit myself and Jim harder than Elena but not to say she doesn't miss him because she does. I just didn't think that losing a pet would be so hard. I have lost a cat that I loved probably 7 or more years ago and it was sad but not like this has been.
Then we discover the crazy CELL PHONE of Elena's is missing again!!! Searching and searching looking in coats and all pockets. No phone. It started pouring down rain Tuesday-Friday and although I knew we needed the rain I kept wondering if it was out there being ruined by the rain. When we first discovered the phone missing we could call the number and it actually rang so it was on but Elena had put the phone on SILENT so if it was in the house we could not hear it. On Thursday there was a principal-parent lunch that Elena wanted me to go to so I did. I told her she could not have her new best friend Stephanie over for the night Friday night till she found the phone and of course Stephanie asked me about this at lunch. Her father attended it as well. I had to tell her that it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the FOURTH time she has lost a cell phone. So, it was compromised where she and Steph went to see a movie but she wasn't able to spend the night.
In the meantime we receive our new television. With all the complications of moving things around and hooking things up it created some stress. That is not the big thing but it would add up.
Found out my niece has to be on strict bed rest again. This time it is very serious. The baby is a month behind and it looks as though he isn't getting as much nutrition as he should be getting. If things don't improve dramatically then they may have to deliver him in three weeks and that would only make her 29 weeks along. I feel so bad for her and her husband who is working two jobs. I emailed my sister about making meals for her and haven't heard back yet. It just burdened my heart for her.
Then Friday I got a horrible migraine headache. It was really bad and Jim was home to take Elena to school since he is now home on fridays. My sister Mary called while I was hurting and she spoke to Jim really upset. It seems that a lump was discovered in a routine annual exam and they wanted to do a ultra sound on it just to see then to see if a biopsy would be necessary. It is most likely benign but she was so upset because she only could think of our mother who suffered from breast cancer and that is what ultimately took her life. When my headache finally became tolerable I called her back. She in the meantime emailed my Dad and other sisters. Her husband has to go away on a very important meeting that Tuesday so she will be going to have the test done by herself. I told Jim I may have to fly to Minneapolis. I know we can't do that right now.
THEN I received a sad email from my mom's brother who lives in Texas. It seems my Aunt's Alzheimer's has worsened in that they are going to have to place her in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. They have been married for more than 50 years and he said this was the hardest decision he has ever had to make. I know that was so hard. My heart just ached for him.
I feel better today but on Friday and Saturday I felt so over-whelmed with all these needs I was just about to reach the end of my rope.
So, we must give all our burdens to Christ. And this was just a time when I needed to be reminded that I can't FIX everything or KNOW what to do or say in every situation. All these family situations and just dealing with my daughters' constant need for me to keep up with every thing is a big concern for me and can be over-whelming. I feel stretched, I WANT to be of some help to all that is concerned. Also God loves all these people more than I do and He will take care of them. There is nothing I can do but pray and that is powerful. Mary actually said she felt the prayers and felt a little better.
So, that's what it was all about.
Please pray for my family.
3 comments:
NOW *I* have lost MY keys! This isn't good because our spare set for my car does not work because when the computer board went out and they had to replace it we did not know it would effect the spare key not to work for the car. I have been putting this off to have it synced with that key now I have no way to get any where. I have looked every where. I think I am about to lose it. LOL
PTL!!! I FOUND THEM!!!!! And NO Elena's cell phone wasn't there as well! LOL PTL!!!
My Goodness you did have a terrible week. I hope that this week will be much better. My biggest concern is for your niece and her unborn baby. It's good that you all live so close to her, so you can all help out. When I was pregnant with Kathy, I had to spend a month in bed. Luckily, my parents lived in the same house, so I always had help.
Post a Comment